51

The month of January was ending. Irena was in Alek's room changing him when she heard Fred open the front door.

"Rena, why didn't you tell me." "Tell you what." "About your birthday. George told me that it was last week. And he only knows because Rue told him." "It's not important," she said, walking to the kitchen carrying Alek.

"Not important, Rena, it's your birthday the day you were born. You should have told me we could have done something." She smiled at Fred. "It wasn't that bad; I got to spend it with you and Alek."

"You were at the shop all day working with us." "And I loved it, Fred; honestly, it's fine there is no need for a big celebration."

But that didn't work for Fred; he wanted to celebrate the life of Irena. He started to think about what he could do for her.

The next morning Irena was still in bed; Fred was already up. Fred came inside their room in one hand carrying Alek, and in the other, he had a plate with pancakes and fruit. "Happy birthday to you...," Fred started to sing. Irena woke up looking at Fred and Alek, who was looking at the food.

He gave the plate to Irena. Fred sat on the bed, Alek sitting between them.

"I know it's not much, but I still wanted you to have something special for your birthday." She kissed him on the lip. "Thank you, it's perfect."

"Happy birthday," yelled George, throwing colorful small pieces of paper at Irena and Fred. Irena laughed. Alek started to get the small colorful paper that was on the bed to his mouth. "Let's not do that," said Irena while Fred tried to take the paper out of Aleks mouth.

That morning Irena had breakfast in bed. Fred and Irena stayed in bed a little longer, talking and laughing.

Once the month of February started, more customers were buying the love potion. "Do you have any more love potions," asked a young witch to Irena. "We don't have any more, but we should have more by tomorrow." "Ill be back tomorrow then."

"We need more love potions by tomorrow." "I'm already on it," said Fred.

As Valentine's Day was approaching, the shop was decorated with pinks and reds.

"Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day," Fred asked Irena.

She was fixing a few products that a child had dropped; she stopped and looked at him. "No, why," she said with a small smile appearing on her lips.

"I was thinking about going out with this beautiful girl." "Do I know her," Irena asked with a smile on her face.

"Yes, you do. She left a few minutes ago. The girl with long blonde hair that was here," Fred said playfully. She hit him on his shoulder. "You arse," she said, laughing.

"What, you don't think she's beautiful," he said, looking at her. "She's pretty but not my type," Fred continued. They were leaning closer, about to kiss. "Alek just pooped, and it smells," said George, covering his nose.

"I'll change him," said Fred.

Because George had gone out with Rue, Fred and Irena decided to leave Alek with Molly and Arthur; they didn't have any plans that day.

"Thanks, mum," said Fred, dropping off Alek at the Burrow. "You two have fun," said Arthur. "But not too much fun," said Molly, looking at Fred. "No promises," he said with a smile.

"Fred!"

"Only joking, mum."

Irena and Fred went to a small restaurant in muggle London.

Irena was wearing a short red dress with a bit of makeup, and her hair was down.

"You look hot; have I told you that?" "I don't think you have." "Well, Irena, you look beautiful today and every day," Fred said, holding her hand. "Thank you. You aren't that ugly to look at."

"Hey," said Fred, sounding hurtful. She smiled at him. They order food. It was a new experience for her and for Fred too. Once they were done talking, they started to walk hand in hand.

Fred couldn't keep his eyes away from Irena all night.

"I love you," Fred said before he could even stop himself. Irena looked at him, her mouth in a small O shape.

He panicked; maybe it wasn't the right time, maybe she doesn't feel that way.

"What I meant to say was that I love your hair it's very soft," he said, touching her hair. Irena moved, standing in front of Fred. He was looking down with her hand; Irena moved Fred's face so they could be looking at each other.

"I love your hair too," she said with a chuckle.

"You do," Fred said with a smile growing on his face.

"I do."

Both with big smiles on their faces leaning in closer, they kiss.

It was the second Valentine's day that Irena spent with Fred, and she knew she wanted to spend many more.