45

After that day, Irena and Alek would go to the shop every other day. Alek enjoyed being in the shop and the people that came in and out of the shop. The customers would smile at Alek when they were walking by, and Alek would smile at them with his toothless smile. Irena liked being out of the flat; she was able to help out a little in the shop. And Fred was happy to have them at the shop; he was able to be with them and help out Irena; when she got tired of carrying Alek, he was getting a bit heavier.

Irena was helping out a customer while Fred was carrying Alek. "Here you go," said Irena to the customer she was helping out. It was a man that wanted to buy a birthday present for his son. He had heard him talk about this shop and how he wanted to buy something from here.

Christmas was also approaching. In the last few days, Irena has seen a lot of customers more than usual. They were buying Christmas presents for family members. Many of them were older witches and wizards buying products for their nieces and nephews they didn't know what to get. Irena was able to help most of them. Most of the customers were nice and understanding, but some were rude. They got mad because of the long lines at the register.

"I have been waiting for 45 minutes. How much longer am I going to wait," a tall bald man with glasses said. "Sorry, sir, but there's a lot of customers that want to buy Christmas presents just like you. It should be your turn shortly." "ugh, I'm not going to wait any longer. You are useless; I'm leaving," he said angrily.

Since he was going to leave, Irena wanted to get the products to put them back in their place, but the bald man threw them on the floor. "I'm never coming back to this horrible shop. Worst service ever with a bunch of incompetent employees," he said firmly, looking at Irena. "Good because you are not welcome here. I'll ask you to leave my shop and not come back," said Fred standing protectively in front of Irena.

The man was opening his mouth to say something else, but Fred said, "leave now." He pointed to the door. All the customers were watching the scene, and the man noticed this. "Ill leave because I want to, not because you told me to. Who do you think you are?"

"One of the owners. I wont ask nicely again leave." The man angrily left but not before kicking a few of the products on his way out. Irena folded her arms, "What an arse," she said, watching the man leave. Irena shook her head and bent down to pick the products up.  "Are you alright Rena, asked Fred looking at her. He was next to her, getting Skiving Snackboxes. She got up "yes, its not the first customer to get upset," she said, looking at the line that was going a bit faster. "Wait, where's Alek," asked Irena, noticing Fred was not holding him. He was thinking for a moment. "Fred!," said Irena, a bit alarmed.

He laughed "dont worry, hes with George," said Fred looking around. That's where he had left him, but he just wanted to make sure he was good. He was relieved that in fact, Alek was still with George. "See, he is right there," Fred said, pointing where George was with Alek a few aisles to the back of the shop. Irena was relieved that Alek was fine, and she handed him the products she had picked up. "Here, its Aleks nap time. See you at the flat," said Irena kissing Fred on the cheek.

Fred watched Irena walking to the back of the store, getting Alek from George.

Irena got Aleks hand and moved it, waving at George. She then turned around where Fred could see them. And she did the same; she moved Aleks hand so that it seemed he was waving goodbye. Fred smiled, looking at Irena carrying their son, and he waved goodbye.