82

The time has come for Alek George Weasley to attend his first year of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry. He was excited and nervous; he was the first Weasley kid to go to Hogwarts Teddy would join him in two more years. His younger brother Damian and cousin Victoire would join them two years after Teddy.

Alek was standing between platforms nine and ten. He was holding his trolley that had his trunk, his owl, and the other supplies he needed. "Don't be nervous, son," said Fred, placing his hand on Alek's shoulder.

His younger brother Damian was holding his father's shirt, not wanting to get lost.

"Why don't you do it in a bit of a run," said his mother, holding his four-month-old younger sister Leah. Damian was sad his older brother was leaving. He was young and didn't fully understand why he had to go far away for school. "Don't be sad, Damian; Ill be home for Christmas break," Alek said, kneeling to be at a better eye level with him. "You better," he said, playing with his fathers shirt.

Alek took a deep breath, and he started to walk a bit faster towards the wall. A scarlet steam engine was waiting next to a platform packed with people. A sign overhead said Hogwarts Express, 11 oclock. Soon after, his parents and siblings were next to him. "Go on, it's getting late, you want to get good seats," said Irena, trying her hardest to hold back her tears.

Her oldest son was going to Hogwarts. She remembered how a few years ago she held him in her arms for the first time. Alek looked back at his parents and siblings. He came crashing into them into a big hug. "I promise Ill write." "You better young man," said Fred, cleaning his tears with his finger.

Alek went in the Hogwarts Express; the first few seats were already taken. The compartments were full with older students. He kept walking, looking for an empty seat or somewhere where there weren't many people. He walked almost to the end, where we found a compartment with only three people in it.

"Can I sit here?" A young witch Alek assumed his age moved to the side, leaving space for him to sit. "What's your name?" asked the witch sitting next to him. "Alek and yours." "My name is Annalise. That's my twin brother Oscar," Annalise pointed at a boy that was looking out the window. "And this is our cousin Amber," Annalise tapped on Amber's knee. Amber looked up from her book and looked at her cousin. Annalise signs 'say hi.' She signs at Alek 'hi, my name is Amber,' spelling out her name.

Alek not understanding what she is saying, only the first part where she waves, he smiles at her. The four of them talked their whole way to Hogwarts. Alek felt comfortable with the three other people in the compartment. Annalise and Oscar would usually take turns signing to Amber; that way, she could also be in the conversation. Alek couldn't keep up. There were a few signs that would repeat, but he couldn't put them together what each sign meant.

A big group of all first-years stopped in front of a castle, and the big doors opened. A tall, black-haired witch stood there. "Welcome to Hogwarts," said Headmistress McGonagall. "The start-of-term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you will be sorted into your houses. The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. Now, form a line and follow me."

Alek got behind Amber, Annalise, and Oscar in front of her. They walked through a pair of double doors into the Great Hall. At the top of the Hall was a long table where the teachers were sitting. He saw his aunt Rue; this was going to be her first year teaching.

A four-legged stool was placed in front of the first-years. On top of the stool was a pointed wizards hat. This hat was patched and frayed and extremely dirty. "When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," said McGonagall. Annalise was next to Amber, and she was explaining to her what she had to do once McGonagall called her name.

They were going in alphabetical order; he was going to be one of the last ones. "Lake, Amber," said McGonagall, smiling at the young witch. Oscar told her that it was her turn. The young witch slowly made her way to the stool. A few moments later, the hat shouted, "Hufflepuff."

Oscar, Annalise, Alek, and the whole Hufflepuff clapped. She was the first person that Alek had clapped for; he was nervous he didn't pay much attention to the other ones getting called. Annalise was sorted into Ravenclaw. "Of course she is," Oscar had said as the hat shouted her house.

Alek clapped for her when Oscar's name got called. The hat stayed on his head for just a few seconds, "Gryffindor," shouted the hat. He clapped for Oscar too.

More names got called, and he was getting tired of waiting. "Weasley, Alek" Alek heard his name. He walked to the chair McGonagall placed the hat on his head. 'The new generation of Weasleys is already starting. Hmm, I see a lot of courage and loyalty, but where to put you. I know..'

"Gryffindor!" shouted the hat.

Alek got up from the chair with a smile on his face and made his way to the Gryffindor table. He took a seat next to Oscar. He patted him on the back and smiled at him.

He saw that Annalise from the Ravenclaw table and Amber from the Hufflepuff table were looking at him with big smiles.

He was excited to start his first year.

Amber Lake

Annalise Lake

Annalise Lake

Oscar Lake