(S1:E10) Asylum Scenes

Sam was on the phone in a hotel room.

"No, Dad was in California last we heard from him. We just thought...he comes to you for 'munitions....maybe you've seen him in the last few weeks. Just, call us if you hear anything."

"'kay," the voice on the phone responded.

"Thanks.

"You bet."

"Caleb hasn't heard from him?" Dean asked.

"Aww, man, I miss Caleb," Dean said.

"Yeah, I miss him, too," Sam agreed.

"What happened to Caleb?" John asked.

"Umm, you'll find out later."

"Nope. And neither has Jefferson or Pastor Jim. What about the journal? Anything leads in there?" Sam asked.

"No, same as last time I looked. Nothing I can make out... I love the guy, but I swear, he writes like friggin' Yoda."

"But Yoda doesn't write," Cas stated.

"No, I'm saying what he was writing was abbreviated and all over the place. It was a mess.

"You know, maybe we should call the Feds. File a missing person's."

"We've talked about this. Dad'd be pissed if we put the Feds on his tail."

"Damn right, I would. It would mess up any case I was on."

"Well, we were kind of out of options. We didn't know what else to do," Sam said.

"You weren't supposed to look for me, that's what you were supposed to do."

Before Sam could respond, Dean put a hand on his chest, shaking his head. It wasn't worth it.

Gabe looked over at his boyfriend and patted him on the chest.

"I don't care anymore."

A cellphone rang and Dean crossed the room.

"After all that happened back in Kansas, I mean...he should've been there, Dean. You said so yourself. You tried to call him and...nothing."

"I know!" He rummaged through his duffel. "Where the hell is my cellphone?"

"You know, he could be dead for all we know."

"Don't say that! He's not dead! He's – he's..."

"He's what? He's hiding? He's busy?"

Dean found the phone and flicked it open.

The screen showed a message from an unknown number, reading "42, -89."

"Huh. I don't believe it," Dean mumbled.

"What?"

"It's, uh...It's a text message. It's coordinates."

"Couldn't even type a message? Say, hi boys, miss ya, or something?" Claire asked.

"If you haven't noticed, John's not very good at basic communication," Bobby said.

John wisely decided to keep his mouth shut, as to not incur the wrath of anyone else in the room.

Dean was typing on a laptop.