One Tragedy After Another

Entering the room, Dean used one hand to pull the sheets on the bed back before gently lowering the girl down. Once he was sure she was comfortable, he pulled the covers up to her chin and sat down beside her on the bed. It had been too long since he'd seen her look so peaceful. He brushed her hair behind her ear, placed a kiss on her forehead, then left the room.

As much as he loved his shorts, they didn't keep his legs very warm on a concrete floor.

As soon as he entered the room, he immediately shucked off his shorts and grabbed a pair of black basketball shorts from the dresser, pulling them on. He was going to bed soon, anyway, so might as well get comfortable. On his way out the door, he decided to take off the flannel and tossed it on the bed. Satisfied, he left.

Halfway down the hall, went to grab his phone when he realized it wasn't in his pocket. "Dammit," he muttered, patting down all his pockets. Certain it wasn't on him at all, he turned around to head back to his room.

Dean sighed upon entering the room when he spotted the object of his search sitting in the middle of his bed, right where he'd thrown it when he changed.

When he picked it up, he nearly missed the screen lighting up with a singular notification on the lock screen. Curious, he looked closer.

It was an alert from the security camera he'd placed in his room.

They'd dealt with many people just appearing or sneaking into the bunker, so he'd installed cameras mostly for when they weren't home. Ultimately, Dean had gotten rid of all but one: the one in his room. Cas was aware of it and he was fine with it, knowing it was only on when there was no one in the bunker. With all that was happening, Dean had forgotten to turn them off after their latest hunt, so it was still on. He'd set it to alert him if someone not on his list of approved people entered his room. And that it did.

Dean sat on his bed as he quickly pulled up the footage. Who had entered the room? His heart began to race as the video loaded.

Anger flooded his body as the door in the video creaked open. John entered and looked around, a knife in his hand. What was he looking for?

Suddenly, the phone thudded against the floor as Dean's hands began to shake. No, that couldn't be. How could they have been so blind?

The hunter got up to go tell the others what he'd seen. However, when he got to the door, it slammed shut in front of him. He was spun around and shoved up against it, a rag shoved against his nose and mouth. His eyes widened and he began to panic when he realized what the rag was doused with:

Chloroform.

Dean fought against the hands holding him against the door as he felt his engagement ring get ripped from his finger, but his frozen shock was long enough for the chemical to kick in. His vision was going as his consciousness was slipping, so it took him a minute to decipher just who was drugging him, and the answer didn't surprise him.

John fucking Winchester.

Before he was completely knocked out, the rag was pulled from his face and he collapsed to the ground. He managed to push himself so he was sitting, leaning against the door.

"W'y are bu doein vis?" Dean slurred, the words heavy on his tongue.

John kneeled in front of his eldest son, a wicked smile marring his face. "I saw the way you and Bobby were looking at me. You were catching on, and that's something I can't have. Then you went and watched the footage. He wanted me to wait longer, but what can I say? I'm a little impatient." John reached over and hauled Dean to his feet, dragging the sluggish man into the connected bathroom.