Break 1

Dean headed to the pantry while everyone went to sit at the table. Claire went to sit on the island next to Dean while Sam went to the fridge and got everyone their drink of choice and Cas and Bobby grabbed some extra chairs from the Dean Cave.

"Alright, what am I making? Mac & Cheese? PB&J?"

"Your burgers!" The kids cheered, causing Dean to laugh.

"Alrighty then."

Once all the chairs were placed, everyone sat down around the table and talked about the previous episodes, which cases they hoped would show up, and which ones they hoped didn't.

Cas placed his hand on the small of Dean's back as he passed behind him, Dean looking back with a smile on his face. "Would you like some help?"

Dean shook his head. "Nah. Last time you made something other than a PB&J, you nearly burnt down the kitchen."

Cas smacked him on the arm. "Yeah, and who's the one who didn't teach me how to use to stove before anything else?"

"I thought you knew!"

"How would I have known?! We don't eat food in heaven, we have no reason for stoves."

"Well, I'm sorry, I thought you learned at the gas station-"

"They fight like an old married couple," Mary whispered to John, her eyes not leaving her son as he continued to argue with his boyfriend.

"They've always been like that, even on the first day they met," Bobby told them as Claire joined the argument, telling stories of Cas' cooking mishaps.

"They're really in love, aren't they?"

Jody nodded. "They certainly are. However, they were too stubborn to notice it until we finally locked them in a closet and refused to open the door until they talked about their feelings."

"That took forever," Charlie chimed in. "They'd been in love for at least 7 or 8 years before we finally snapped."

Mary was shocked. "Really, it took them that long?"

Charlie nodded. "Dean was suffering enforced toxic masculinity and fear of being himself from that guy," Charlie said as she pointed at John, who glared at her, "and they both thought the other was too good for them, that they'd hurt each other. Of course, that was complete bullshit, but Cas knew Dean wasn't ready and he was willing to wait for him."

"What are y'all gossipin' about over there?" Dean asked as he looked over his shoulder at the rest of his family.

"Oh, nothing. Just your sad love life," Sam called back from where he sat between Charlie and Gabe.

"Oh, hardy har. Your love life is just as bad as mine, if not worse."

"Maybe so, but at least I have a reason. Not every person you've ever dated as an adult has died."

"I'm still here," Gabe chimed in.

"You don't count. We thought you were dead for years," Sam told him.

Mary was shocked. Did all of his girlfriends really die? Even Gabe, the archangel sitting across from her? Her son must have horrible luck.

Dean gestured to Cas with his spatula. "Cas has literally died multiple times! We all have."

Sam opened his mouth to retort but sighed. "Yeah, yeah. Whatever."

Everyone fell back into light conversation as Dean put the finishing touches on the burgers, Cas and Claire grabbing all the condiments from the fridge.