(S1:E22) Devil's Trap

The Impala drove into a junkyard. There were junk cars around and hubcaps nailed to the side of the house. A large dog was chained to a post and was lying on the hood of an old tow truck. Inside, there were books stacked everywhere. It was untidy and cluttered with papers on every wall.

The dog's name echoed in Bobby's mind. He hadn't seen him in years; he sure missed that ol' bastard.

"Here ya go," Bobby said as he picked up two round silver flasks with crosses on them and handed one to Dean. Sam was sitting at a cluttered desk reading a very large book.

"What is this – holy water?" Dean asked.

"That one is," he said, talking about the flask in Dean's hand. Then he held out the other flask. "This is whiskey." He took a swig from the flask and handed it to Dean, who also took a drink.

"No wonder you two got along so well, the first time you see each other in years, Bobby gives him sass and a flask o' Whiskey," Jody laughed.

"When I'd let him, he's the one who raised me," Dean acknowledged.

"Bobby, thanks. Thanks for everything. To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure we should come."

"Nonsense. Your Daddy needs help."

"Well, yeah, but last time we saw you, I mean, you did threaten to blast him full of buckshot. Cocked the shotgun and everything."

"Yeah, well, what can I say? John just has that effect on people."

"Yeah, I guess he does."

"None of that matters now. All that matters is that you get him back."

"Bobby, this book...." Sam spoke up from across the room, "I've never seen anything like it."

"Nerd," Dean muttered.

"My nerd," Gabe snarked back, wrapping Sam's arms tighter around him.

Bobby made his way over and sat on the corner of the desk beside him. "Key of Solomon? It's the real deal, alright."

"And these, uh, these protective circles. They really work?"

"Hell, yeah. You get a demon in - they're trapped. Powerless. It's like a Satanic roach motel."

"I don't like what you're implying there, hunter," Crowley smirked.

"And what am I implying, demon?" Bobby sassed back.

Crowley simply flashed his award-winning smile and wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

"What the hell is going on between those two?" Dean whispered to the three men sitting beside him.

"No clue, but I can't wait to find out," Gabe responded.

Emma giggled as Cas released a deep sigh at his elder brother's antics.

Sam chuckled as Dean joined them. "Man knows his stuff."

"I'll tell you something else, too. This is some serious crap you boys stepped in."

"Oh, yeah? How's that?" Sam inquired.

"Normal year, I hear of, say, three demonic possessions. Maybe four, tops."

"Yeah?" Dean questioned

"This year I hear of 27 so far. You get what I'm saying? More and more demons are walking among us – a lot more."