(S1:E11) (S1:E12) (S1:E13) Scarecrow, Faith, and Route 666 Scenes

Before the episode began, the words "this episode is a combination of three different cases called Scarecrow, Faith, and Route 666."

Claire placed herself back in Dean's lap, Charlie sat down on the ground between Sam and Dean, and Kevin also got up to sit beside her.

The screen went black for a moment before the first scene appeared on the screen.

Sam and Dean were sleeping in a motel room when Dean's phone began to ring, but he didn't wake up.

"Dean," Sam called out. Dean still didn't wake up, so Sam answered the phone instead. "Hello?"

The camera cut to a man standing at a payphone in California and it switched back and forth between that and the motel room.

"Sam, is that you?" John asked.

"At least he called you guys once," Claire mumbled.

Sam sat up in bed. "Dad? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine."

"We've been looking for you everywhere. We didn't know where you were, if you were okay."

"Sammy, I'm all right. What about you and Dean?"

"And it seems like he cares," Kevin added.

"I did care! They were my kids after all. I raised them," John yelled. How dare they question his parenting.

"No, you fucking didn't," Sam bit back. Before John could open his mouth to interrupt, Rowena magicked it shut, so Sam could continue. "You didn't raise us at all. You trained us like we were goddamn soldiers in a war. We were children, and you treated us like you were our fucking drill Seargent. So, no, John, you didn't raise us. Dean raised me, and he raised himself. Bobby helped when he could and we love him for that, but when it came down to it, Dean raised us. Bobby was more of a father to us than you ever were, and Dean even more so." Sam took a break to calm himself down so he didn't violently explode. "You know, sometimes, I have to force myself not to call Dean dad every other day. And I'm pretty sure I have a few times when I was younger or just sick or injured. Because he is my dad, despite only being 4-years-older than me. So no matter how many times you claim to have raised us and been a great parent, just know that no one in this room believes you, because my parents are these two," Sam finished, pointing at both Dean and Bobby, both of who were fighting back tears.

Dean reached over and wrapped his arms around his little brother. "Yeah, well you've been my kid since the day I basically adopted you."

Gabe leaned over with a smirk on his face. "Does that mean I'm your son-in-law?"

Cas tilted his head in confusion. "But you're not married."

"True. But you two are engaged, so does that make you Sam's step-dad?" Gabe asked.

"I will actually kill you," Dean said.

"Aww, but you wouldn't kill your son's boyfriend, especially if he's your fiancé's brother."

"Wait..."

"Nope, not thinking about that."

"Uggh, gross."

At the motel, Dean was waking up.

"We're fine. Dad, where are you?"

Dean sat up in bed.

"Sorry, kiddo, I can't tell you that."

"What? Why not?"