(S1:E20) Dead Man's Blood

"Before we start this, I had an idea."

"You always have an idea, Sammy."

"Shut up, Dean. But, did John us as bait in the last case? Like, on purpose?"

All eyes moved to John, and he had the audacity to look away without an answer.

"Of course he did. He sent me on hunts virtually alone all the time as bait. But anytime you were remotely in danger, he made sure I was completely armed by the door. Obviously, it didn't always work, but still."

The door opened slowly to reveal Sam putting away his lockpick and Dean with a flashlight, who looked around the mess of a room. "Looks like the maid didn't come today."

"Hey, there's salt over here. Right beside the door," Sam noted.

Dean was flicking through Elkins' journal. "You mean protection against demon salt, or 'oops I spilled the popcorn' salt?"

"How much salt do you put on your popcorn to leave a pile of salt when you drop it?" Claire asked.

"I actually haven't had popcorn in a while," Dean said.

Out of nowhere, a bowl of popcorn appeared in front of Dean—and consequently on Kevin's chest—and the hunter had to quickly grab it before it spilled all over. Looking over, Dean hid a smile at a certain archangel not looking his way.

"The last time we had popcorn was when we watched Saving Private Ryan," Cas said, grabbing a handful of popcorn.

Gabe turned to look at his future brother-in-law, "You made him watch Saving Private Ryan?"

"Cas loves history. I told him there was a movie about World War 2 and he insisted on watching it."

"History is fascinating. I'd love to visit some historical sites at some point. I missed so much while stuck in Heaven."

"Well, that can be arranged. One of these days, I'm taking you on a vacation around the world, maybe even some time travel to catch up on all the stuff you missed," Gabe decided.

Dean smiled again. Cas deserved that, a chance to just explore the world. Being with the Winchesters allowed him to explore the US, but not much besides that, especially because the Winchesters went from case to case. They didn't do vacations, they didn't get to just explore the town or chill. Though, when they were in Savannah for a vengeful spirit (sure there are a lot of spirits in Savannah, but most are harmless (this one wasn't)), Cas fell in love with the history of the old city and told Dean he'd love to visit more cities like it (he might enjoy New Orleans, but not a lot of the people or the state of the city itself).

"I think that's a good idea. Give you two a chance to catch up as well," Sam added.

"That's a great idea!" Charlie chimed in. Then she turned to her angelic brother. "Oh, you'll love Europe."

Dean smiled as his fiancé and sister got along and lightly laughed when his brother chimed in.

"It's clearly a ring. You think this guy Elkins was a player?"

"Definitely."

Sam walked up behind Dean. "That looks a hell of a lot like Dad's."

"Yep, except this dates back to the 60s."

Outside, the boys were oblivious to a shadowy figure of a man standing outside the house.

"Well, that's not ominous at all," Charlie muttered.

Sam and Dean moved into the other room and shined their flashlights around the destruction, including up at the hole in the roof.