Chaptah Terti-eyt

Friendship~

"Anak!"

I immediately hugged Mom and Dad the moment they entered the gate of Eros palace. My tears flowed down my cheeks as I felt the warmth of my parents' arms again. They both embraced me too and caressed my back. I continued to sob, placing my chin onto Mom and Dad's shoulders.

"Hindi mo naman kami na-miss 'no, anak?" Dad asked with humor in it.

"Sobrang miss ko kayo, Dad! I missed you so much!" I looked at him with my wet-with-tears face.

He gave me a smile and wiped my face with his bare thumb fingers.  "Ang prinsesa ko umiiyak. Pero maganda pa rin."

"Ang drama niyo talagang mag-ama." Mom said and rolled her eyes.

Lumapit ako at niyakap siya. "I missed you, Mom."

She hugged me back and caressed my hair. Pagkatapos ay humiwalay din kami sa isa't-isa. I looked at Mom and Dad. They seemed okay. Mukhang wala namang masamang nangyari sa kanila nang mapunta sila rito. Parehas bihis at may maayos naman silang mga damit. I'm glad they're fine and looking good.

"How could you prove that you're truly Clardia's parents?"

We all turned our gazes to Xavier who's at my back and sharply looking at Mom and Dad.

"Xavier, they are my parents." I told him.

"What if they're disguised?"

I closed tightly my eyes and sighed. Why is he so skeptical of them? I know my parents and I'm certain that they are the people at my front.

"Is he Xavier? The man who married you?" my Dad asked, walking a bit forward to Xavier.

"Yes, Dad. P-Pero hindi ko na kailangang maging asawa niya..."

"Alam ko."

"It's an honor meeting you Xavier. My daughter has told me some things about you." he faced Xavier but, didn't extended his arms to him.

"Like what, Mr. Royaldes?"

"Like... everyone else is treating her well, except to you."

I bit my lower lip and swiftly averted my gaze to Xavier. Oo, sinabi ko 'yon kila Dad pero matagal na! Nung una pa lang kaming nagkakakilala! Well, He's still not treating me okay until now, in a different way of course.

Xavier pursed his lips. Hindi siya nakasagot sa sinabi ni Dad. I don't know if he's intimidated or just guilty. But the latter is more believable, though.

"Dad, stop it," I told my father cause he's still not breaking his stare to him.

"Why? I'm not doing anything. Sinasabi ko lang naman sa kan'ya iyon."

"Radley,"

With my Mom's one call to Dad's name, he immediately sighed and finished his stare to Xavier. Inakbayan niya si Mom, at pinagitna ako sa kanila.

"Now, tell me if we're not his parents, Prince Xavier."

"I apologize, Mr. and Ms. Royaldes. We are tightening our security this past days given the reason that a sinistruous organization is trying to break into Acelatoria's palaces." paliwanag ni Xavier sa kanila. Honestly, hearing him apologize was so unusual and out-of-his character as a cold and merciless Prince. Akala ko ay hanggang doon na lang ang sasabihin niya ngunit muli siyang nagsalita.