Chaptah Fipti eyt

Promise~

"I have something to confess."

Our attention got all fixed on Xanthal when she spoke in a firm voice. This is the first time I heard her get in between the discussion of the royals.

"I... I already know long time ago that Lorius betrays us. I know that he is against our government and he is building his own empire while we are focusing into the wrong enemy." she glanced at my parents. "Yes, he's the one who caused the consecutive days of Hallenor killings and he's the one who also killed the Farkadains. He did that to lit up the fire between UrsaMinor and the Royals. Because it will be easier for him to take over the whole planet if one of us will be taken down. And finally he succeeded with his plan."

"Do you know something about this too, Xavier?" Tito asked his son, his brows knitted.

"She just told me yesterday when we talked." Xavier answered nonchalantly.

"How come I am left behind, Xanthal? I'm your father."

"Dad, I'm sorry... I just also had the courage to tell you all of this..." She stopped down her head. Suddenly, her fierce aura that I've known her for vanished.

"Maybe your daughter is a traitor too, Cranstan." Prince Lander uttered.

Nag-angat ng tingin sa kan'ya si Xanthal. "I am not, Uncle."

"Then why didn't you tell us anything if you already know 'a long time ago' that your husband is treacherous?"

"Because... He told me that if I will keep my mouth shut, he will not kill Grandpa nor any of you. I endured every maltreatment Lorius did to me. Never did I told anyone of you of what I'm experiencing... 'cause I thought in that way... I can be useful as a Royal family member."

Prince Lander sighed. "If you have the brains, you should have still told us. It's not like he's more powerful than the Royals."

"But—! He's always around! He can easily know if I told you anything! He can easily kill Grandpa, and he's really more powerful than any of us here!" Xanthal retaliated.

"You're merely guessing the possibilities. Is that the only reasons you got why you seem to hide your husband's betrayal to us? Or there are other reasons why you don't want to tell to us? Such as you're pretending right now to be one of us but you're actually on Lorius' side?"

Halos maluha-luha na si Xanthal habang mariing nakatitig sa kan'yang Tito. When Greg told me before that their family has a feud, I didn't expected that it was like this. Prince Lander obviously has a grudge against Tito Cranstan's family because of the throne.

"Stop it, Lander." sambit ni Tito na may halong pagbabanta.

"Why? Don't defend your daughter, Cranstan. Let her tell the truth to us." Prince Lander replied with his serious voice.

"I..." Xanthal started speaking. "I didn't said anything about it because, I think none of you will believe me. I feel less significant in this family, that's the truth. R-Remember Dad, I once told you that I don't want to marry Lorius because I know that he is not as good as we think of him. B-But what did you d-do? You told me that I was wrong and Lorius is such a good man just because his family is close to ours. Y-You never trusted m-me..."

"Xanthal..." Tito called his daughter.

"I always seem like the most inferior in the Royals. I don't rule a Kingdom like Xavier and Lucas does, I don't lead an entire army like Greg does, I am a mere woman who have to be strong for myself. Because no one cares for me. Because you thought, I can't be much useful in this family. Because I am a freaking woman. Now, let me prove to you all that I can contribute something." Madiing sabi ni Xanthal habang may mga patak ng luha ang tumutulo sa mga mata niya. Pinunasan niya ito.