Florence gets ready for a ball..... kinda

The day that flowers bloomed in mid air and the moon kissed the earths oceans, would perhaps be the day the Florence Monet could genuinely say that she felt happiness.

She preferred to live in a world of day dreams and fairy tales, for facing reality was often harder then living in it, itself.

She would dream of worlds where the moons were blue and plentiful, and cows could float with purple tails.

She'd wish for a world where happiness was as abundant as air on planet earth, and everything from the garbage cans to the sidewalk, were painted in color.

The world where the stars were painted with pictures for her and of her, and laughter was as common as the sounds of the wind.

Perhaps in her dream world she would be wild with colourful hair that matched the moons and she'd dance across flowers that floated over rivers.

But nothing like that could ever exist.

That's why the girl felt herself so compelled to spend her time spaced out. If her body couldn't live in that world, then who said her mind couldn't?

".... and I think she looked like a rather fat pig in the dress. Who does she think she is putting all that out on display," snapped a voice, and is if a hand was breaking through ice, the voice pulled Florence away from her day dreams and back to reality

The voice belonged to Daphne Greengrass, a pure blood girl who embodied the role of being an ever hating bitch to anyone who wasn't the same as her. This ever hating bitch however, happened to be standing behind a sitting Florence, curling the girls strawberry blonde hair for her.

"Oh I totally agree," replied Patricia Avery, a skinny brunette who appeared as though one wrong move and she'd collapse. The girl was standing in front of the mirror applying makeup as of it was her life line to be beautiful; a standard that had been drilled into the three pure blood girls heads.

Truth be told, Florence, despised, the two girls she was getting ready with for the annual end of summer pure blood ball, but considering they were the only acceptable pure blood girls in her year, she often got stuck doing things she did not want to do with them.

She didn't like the way they gossiped, the way they body shamed other girls bothered her, but she honestly could not blame them. They were a product of their environment, and if Florence hadn't been as strong headed as she was, she was sure she would be the same. Although she was a downright bitch to them, the duo still played nice with her, having too much respect for her last name. Florence pitted them for how stupid they were and she saw the Patricia rarely ate and the way Daphne never smiled.

Which is how the girl found herself sitting in Daphne Greengrasses perfectly polished bathroom, letting the girl get her ready for the ball.

"What do you think Florence?" Daphne asked, pausing to stare at the girl who had zero clue.

Daphne appeared as if she was a bird ready to take off at any moment. Her bleach blonde hair was tightly pulled back, with round blue eyes, a nose the closely resembled a beak and tightness in her shoulders that never seemed to fade. Her lips looked as if they were permanently pursed and even at the young age of 14, lines could be seen creasing her forehead.

"I think the way you talk shows just how insecure you are," Florence said, showing no emotion in her facial expression gazing into the mirror her eyes meeting Patricia.

Patricia, a little tiny girl that closely resembled a weak baby hairless cat, with a skinny face, crooked nose and brunette hair that appeared to be more fried from heat then anything else, glared right back at the strawberry blonde.