Don't Worry Guys, Florence has it handled

"This is just so fun James. I'm so glad your making me have fun," the strawberry blonde girl said the words so passive aggressively that James genuinely had to stop what he was doing and look up to make sure she wasn't about to strangle him on the spot.

As part of the deal of Flossie enjoying normal activities for a month without her usual involvement in sketchy activity, the four marauders and Dylan/ Mallory were taking turns of what they called 'Flossie Duty' distracting her with "fun" activities.

James thought it would be amusing to make pottery mugs with the girl, but after she threw hers across the room three times, breaking it then fixing it with a spell, he was beginning to doubt if it was a smart idea.

She gritted her teeth, dipping her brush in the paint as she angrily muttered away to herself as she continued to colour the mug. James was doing his in pretty colours of light sage green and dark green; two colours that happened to be Lily Evan's favourite.

"You know Flossie, your mug looks really g-" He stopped taking watching in defeat as she picked it up and smashed at at her feet, waving her hand to put in back together again and continue painting. "Your scary," he mumbled, and even though he didn't mean for her to hear it, Flossie's heart seemed to break a little at the words.

She was trying. She truly was. She didn't want to be feared like her father, or crazy like her mother. Sometimes Flossie wished she could turn it all off, and be as sweet and delicate as Lily Evans. A girl who talked as if she the personification of honey and looked like a literal flower growing in a field.

For some reason, as a kind heart seemed to come natural to James, anger came naturally to Florence; as if it was encoded into her DNA to be a raging bitch 22 out of 24 hours of the day.

She hated herself for the fact that she had about the same amount of unchecked rage as a literal caged bull, but at the same time it was all she had ever known.

"Maybe we can try another activity?" James suggested, setting down his paint brush and giving the girl a soft smile. She eagerly agreed, her mug pissing her off to the point she wanted to a punch a wall.

Her hands were twitching as the two walked down the hallway. She had so many ideas in her head they seemed to float like clouds through her mind until one caught her eye.

Recipes for potions, and new ideas for spells were popping up here and there and it took everything in her not to run to the library and began jotting it down.

She made a promise to her friends to try and just let it all go for a month, and she would see it through even it if it made her go mad.

"How do you do it?" Flossie asked James, as they rounded the corner to the court yard.

The fall air was crisp sending a sort of wave of relief down the girls body as she breathed it in. Fresh air always made it easier for Flossie to relax, as if the ball of anxiety that usually lived in her chest began to slightly crumble at the sight of pretty trees and the sound of little birds.

"Do what?" James asked confused.

"Your always so happy and upbeat. It's gotta get hard. Your telling me you never just want to lash out and punch a wall or something?" She asked, causing James to laugh.

The boy seemed to ponder her question for a moment. His face turning into a look of debate as he dove into his own thoughts.

"I suppose I'm not happy all the time. Like sometimes when I think of," he paused, his face turning bitter, "how Severus is all over Lily I just want to, I don't know stab something."