Florence is a what?

As the day went on, Sirius and Remus perked up after they got over their morning slump, but Florence didnt.

Of course she smiled and laughed at her friends jokes, but it was as if her heart was being stabbed by a knife everytime she did so.

She currently sat in the Potter garden around a big white picnic table with her friends and the Potter parents, the sun bright, a display of baked goods and appetizers on the table.

The Potter parents drank cups of tea, but the kids drank lemonade under the warm spring sun.

"So have you guys thought about who will be prefects in your houses next year?" Fleamont asked buttering a scone.

"Oh there's no doubt Floss will be one for Slytherin," James replied, putting a bunch of cookies on his plate.

Her friends mumbled in agreement and Flossie shrugged; he was probably right.

"I could see Lily Evan's being one for Gryffindor,"  Florence added and James instantly blushed at the name.

The Potter parents shared a smirk at there sun.

"Lily Evan's we should invite that girl over one day shouldnt we Fleamont? Would be nice to get to know her," Euphemia said to her husband.

"Mom!" James huffed. "She hates me!"

"Nonsense," the women waved him off. "No one could hate my boy."

James blushed, looking down at his plate causing Florence to giggle.
_ _

After tea Euphemia brought out big baskets of chocolate and easter candy for the seven friends.

They all grinned and dug in with excitement, but Florence stared at hers, the image haunting her.

It was a pink basket, the exact same one she gifted her sister all those years ago.

"Do you not like it dear? I can get you something else," Euphemia said warmly placing her hands on the girls shoulder.

"No no, I love it Mrs. Potter thank you," she said smiling up at the woman, but her voice slightly cracked at the end causing Fleamont to look at her in concern.

The Potter woman didn't notice, turning away to talk to James and Dylan who were excitedly asking about the variety of candies in the basket.

But Fleamont sure did. And he kept watching the girl as her grip on the basket for tighter and she seemed to force herself to laugh at James jokes and then would quickly look down taking deep breathes.

She looked so young and from Fleamonts point of view she was just a kid, something the girl often forgot herself.

"Hey Flossie," the man said standing up. "Want to come help me in the kitchen quick?"

The girl nodded, setting the pink basket down infront of her, grateful to be pulled away from her smiling friends in the sunshine.

She followed the man into the house who held the door open for her giving her a straight faced smile.

"Want to sit?" The man said motioning to the kitchen table.

"I thought you wanted help?" She asked giving him a strange glance.

The man shrugged, "To be honest Florence I just wanted to ask you if you were okay."

A puzzled expression crossed the girls face as if the concept of an adult being worried about her was foreign.

"Oh um Yes I'm okay," she said a little to quickly.

"You can't fool the monty man," he said puffing out his chest in a very James Potter like fashion. "What's on your mind kid?"