in moments like these

"Those stupid foul evil little roaches," Flossie spat, angrily storming through the empty halls with Remus beside her.

It was the middle of the night, the two prefects with their wands in their hands emitting light, the hall way completely empty of any presences.

The pair had both been on night watch as prefects. opting to walk the halls together when they came across a little first year crying, claiming she was chased out of her dorm by a group of Slytherin boys who were yelling slurs at her. After walking the first year back to her common room, Flossie was determined to find them and bust in their skulls. There was no doubt in her mind that the groups of Slytherin boys was Evan Rosier and company.

"Flossie I'm sure we can just report them to the teachers instead of hunting them down," Remus tried to reason. Although he was angered as well, he didn't want Flossie to make herself a target to the boys for yet another reason.

Flossie however, was overly full of anger to the point her hands were sparking with energy and Remus stayed a couple feet away from her to avoid the heat radiating off of her.

"I am not letting them think they can get away with that bullshit in my school," she huffed angrily, and as she did a flame flickered from her hand.

Remus, with much loyalty to the girl, just followed her as she angrily walked down the hallway in search for the boys. He might not agree with what she was doing, but he would be damned if he didn't have her back.

She rounded the corner, the backs of three laughing boys greeting them sending anger down her spine as if it was injected into her body.

"ROSIER!" she yelled down the hall, at the same time she whipped her hand out and caused the boy to go slamming against the wall.

The two boys who were still standing up immediately drew their wands, but both were seemingly too scared to do anything, watching as the girl angrily stormed towards a fallen Evan with shocked expressions.

She picked him up by the scruff of his shirt, pinning him against the wall with one arm, well the other dug her pointed wand into his throat. The girl didn't really need a wand, but it was for dramatic effect.

"Florence be rational," Remus warned, but nevertheless he had his wand pointed at Evan's two friends, having her back no matter what.

"What on earth," she hissed, digging her wand into Evan's neck even more and drawing blood. "Makes you think you can get away with the shit you pull."

Evan was squirming under the heat omitting from her skin, her arm leaving a burn mark on his neck. She looked utterly terrifying and for a moment Evan feared she would snap and actually rip his head off.

"If you ever pull something like that again I'll have your head mounted on-"

Remus was listenting to her talk, when he heard someone hiss something from behind them.

"Sectumsempra."

Florence paused mid sentence, stumbling back from Evan as a cold feeling trembled through her body. She felt her head start to spin, and she would've fell onto the ground if it wasn't for Remus stepping forward and catching the girl who collapsed.

The Slytherin boys took of sprinting down the hall, Remus not even caring as he watched the color drain out of his friends face in panic. Blood was seeping through her white shirt, the girl wheezing in short breathes, grasping onto Remus's arm as if it was her life line.