Winter Wonderland

Dylan often was the one in the ground that forced his two annoyed and angered friends to study. Mallory for one just didn't care too, her grades a fleeting concept in her mind that didn't effect her happiness. Florence on the other hand, always claimed studying was a, quote "scam."

So on a beautiful Wednesday afternoon during their spare block when Florence tried to ditch her friends to do literally anything else but study, Dylan dragged her into the library with them to do their homework.

It was cute she supposed, as the boy always had his color coded notes and a cup of coffee well studying, making something out of a rather daunting task. Well he was working on an essay for transfiguration, and Mallory was trying to figure out a rather difficult potions assignment Slughorn assigned, Florence spent her time reading a book on the best  spells in combat.

"Is that for defensive against the dark arts?" Dylan asked, a pair of glasses on his nose as he scribbled down something on his paper.

"Just a bit of light reading," Florence answered, her eyes still darting back and fourth over the page. She missed spending time with her two best friends. Even if it was something as simple as studying, she was at peace sitting with the two of them.

She read on, and the more she read the more she wanted to pick up the book and burn it with her hand. This was the book giving to students in defensive against arts, that was seemingly supposed to teach them how to protect themselves, but to Florence it seemed like a loud of bullshit.

You can throw Expellarimus at a an opponent as many times as you want, and the  best it's ever going to get you is a few seconds to run away before you get stunned in the back. Florence shook her head, putting the book dons with a frown of disappointment on her face.

"This book is rubbish," she declared boldly, causing Mallory and Dylan to make eye contact.

"Oh come on Floss, not everyone needs to know as many wickedly evil spells to take someone down as you," Mallory snorted.

Flossie was about to say something that by the looks of it, within a year or two each and every witch or wizard should be ready to pick up their wand and fight, but judging by the harsh glare Dylan have her, she realized it wasn't the time.

Mallory was stressing about her family, constantly going to bed with worries she would wake up to news that they were found dead. As a muggle born it was even scarier knowing it's not like she had family that could help protect her parents.

She was alone.

If death eaters came knocking on their door at 2 am it would be Mallory and Mallory alone left to stop them, and the thought made the blonde hufflepuff sick to her stomach.

The door to the library threw open, Peter Pettigrew running in, leaning on the table as he caught his breath. Florence grinned in amusement, watching as his red flushed cheeks took deep breathes.

"Florence," he pointed at her, "Sirius, I don't know. Sirius is like gonna throw himself off the astronomy tower-"

"WHAT?!" Florence, Dylan and Mallory all loudly exclaimed at once, earning themselves a harsh glare from Madam Prince.

Peter shrugged helplessly, causing Florence to grab the boy by his arm, and practically drag him out of the library with a stern look on her face

"Talk," she commanded, and of course at such a stern tone Peter became a stuttering mess.

"Well okay he got a letter or something I don't know, and he just ran and we tried to go after him but he locked himself up in the astronomy tower and won't even let James in an-"