Guardian Angel

Dabi's POV:

It wasn't the easiest part carrying a guy with wings around. It did help that he hid himself in it like a cocoon of some sort but still not easy. However I somehow managed to get him to a close by abandoned building. Azrael looked like an angel to me even if his wings were black.

After I put him down, I was left wondering how much he was taking care of himself. His costume was nice and I could tell that he was taking care of it but he was very light and young too. I didn't knew his reasons for being Azrael an angel of death. Though looking at what he did, I knew that the named fit him very well.

Once I put him on the ground, I looked at my hands and they were black.

Me: The fuck?

It was as if I touched some paint or more like coal. This made me think if his wings were not maybe painted black. Since he was completely fast asleep I went ahead and began patting his wings only to see that a blackish layer of something was covering his wings.

Me: Seriously now?

As I thought, the blackness from my hands was coming from the paint he was using to cover his wings.

Why would anyone cover their natural color?

...

No never mind!

I painted my hair black too.

Which means you are hiding from someone!

Why?!

And if you are hiding from them I assume they are some heroes or villains.

I did work as a villain for a couple of years now since I was basically living on the street as the pyromaniac. It was only as of recent that I heard about someone telling us to be careful in the night because of the black wing. No one knew who that was. Everyone thought it was Hawks going undercover but seeing Azrael from up close I knew that they meant him and not Hawks.

Their wings were similar but not same. I did saw the chicken's wings one and I wanted nothing more than to set him free. He looked like a caged bird to me back then and I was sure that he was still completely under control of the hero commission. I pitied the red rooster.

Now knowing his wings were huge like Azraels but they were wider than his. From the look of it my little brothers were also a lot softer than the chickens.

Me: Looks like I got myself a little guardian angel....

Ir bothered me that I could die in peace of that this nugget just saved me even though I didn't asked him to do it. However he also gave me a new meaning in live. After all these years I completely forgot about my family and was driven by pure rage against my father. I wanted to end his career and also kill the man no matter what.

It was only thanks to this birdy that I realized what a mistake I made. I left my brother to the trash and he had his way with him all these years where I was supposed to stop him and be my brother's hero but all I did was run away.

Me: FUCK! I am such an idiot!

I knew that no one could hear me and Azrael was also completely out cold. He also felt very cold and so I made a small flame close to him so that he could warm up. It worried me that my new little guardian nugget didn't react at all for now.

All I could do was watch over him and make sure that his body temperature wouldn't drop drastically.

Me: Thank you Azrael.

Time skip brought to you by Azrael sleeping soundly while Dabi slowly began cleaning his feathers of curiosity what his true color would be.

3 days have passed since he saved me and he still hasn't woken up at all. I was starting to freak out but after exact 3 days I could see his wings moving a little bit from the corner of my eyes while I was playing with my fire a little bit.

He did heal all my scars but I was so used to them that I started to use my quirk a little bit more just to have them back. They were a part of me after all.

Azrael: *YAWN*

The moment I saw him move, I immediately went to his side only to see him sit up stretch his wings and arms and let out a huge yawn. He still looked somewhat sleepy.

Me: Morning sleepy nugget.

Azrael: Morning Dabs!

I was wondering how long it would take him to realize that I cleaned his wings. Needless to say I was surprised to find snow white wings. It was also a pain in the ass to clean them up.

He looked at me as I was smiling at him and then he looked around him and finally saw his white wings.

Azrael: How long was I out?

Me: 3 days.

Azrael: And that allows you to clean my feathers up?

Me: Seriously now?

Azrael: Yes!

Me: After all that pain in the ass getting the coal out of them?

Azrael: YES!

Me: What the fuck come on!

Azreal: I don't remember asking you to do it!

Me: You were sleeping near my fire and coal is simply too dangerous. What did you fucking expect me to do?

Azrael: ... You sure this was the only reason?

Me: Yep.

Azrael: And it was not your curiosity or something?

Me: Nope.

Azrael: You sure Touya?

Me: Stop using that name.

Azrael: I will if you stop lying to me!

Me: Fine. I was curious. From who are you hiding?

Azrael: None of your business!

Me: You are family now.

Azrael: Make it partners in crime.

Me: Fine.

Azrael: Wanna go and ruin someone's day?

Me: Don't change the topic you little-

Azrael: What?

Me: Arg!

Azrael: I won't tell you now stop asking. You wanna stay with me than stay but I won't tell you no matter how much you ask.

Me: ... This is not over.

I knew that he was trying to protect me by how he was looking at me. It was not only the look in his eyes but his reactions as an all and the way he was telling me this. If he wasn't willing to tell me who was against him then that could only mean that someone with enough power that might be able to end his life was after him. It felt wrong pressuring him more than I did so I stopped for now.

Azrael: Now you wanna go and out some fire out?

Me: Nugget, you know that I don't put fire out but start one, right?

Azrael: How about a burning trash can?

Me: Ohhh!

A smile was creeping up my face the moment I realized who he was planning to attack or more like annoy the shit out of him.

Me: What do you have in mind?

Azrael: You'll see.

Just like that the both of us started some preparations and waited for the night to come. I was soo exited for this one that I couldn't help but smile from ear to ear the whole time imagining the whole chaos. It would be epic and knowing the kid, he loved being a walking chaos summoner.