Chapter 19: Prayers Heard and a New Foe

Author note: This is now different from the anime and is now going to my ideas of this story.

Third Person Pov

The arena was silent wondering who spoke. The crowds look around at one another also sharing the same confusion. The heroes were looking around for the voice that spoke. Motoyasu halted his attack on the Naofumi and look around. He saw from the corner of his eyes that made him immediately lookup. The heroes notice Motoyasu gaze at the sky wondering why was he looking at the sky?

Rin and Itsuki were confused until the clouds started to part away and were blinded by bright light. The crowd gasps as they covered their eyes. The King stared in shock at this thing above him.

"That is enough"

Some people ran towards the exit of the arena while some were too shocked to move. Itsuki aims his bow at the light and releases his arrows which do nothing and turn to ash. Itsuki stares in awe as he now notices there were three barriers around the light.

"Rin we can't penetrate him he has barriers" Itsuki yelled. Rin looked back at him and nodded. Rin lowers his sword and looks up at the light.

"What are you?" Rin asks. Rin felt the ground beneath him shake. I crouch down and touch the ground he felt the vibration. He immediately pulled back his hand when he felt pain on his fingertip.

"I am everything. I was here before all and I will be here when all ends"

"So you're a God?" Itsuki asks.

"So so," The light said not giving much to his answer which irritated Itsuki.

"Why have you come?" Motoyasu Ask putting his spear into the ground near Naofumi. That when lighting appeared in front of Motoyasu throwing him back. He groaned in pain as he holds his arm. Motoyasu look to see his gloves burnt and his burnt hands. Malty ran towards Motoyasu screaming his name.

Isabella and Rhaptalia run towards Naofumi not caring if they get hurt by this being. They were surprised that lighting didn't strike them down. Isabella got Naofumi and cradled him in her arm as she cast a spell to heal his wounds. Rhaptila was by Isabella's side crying as she held onto Isabella's arms.

"How dare you hurt Motoyasu!" Malty yelled at the light.

"How dare an insect speak to me" the light voice raises his voice that boom across the land. Malty shut her mouth and shake we're she sat.

"Why protect him! He a devil!" Motoyasu yelled at the light.

"A mere mortal like yourself does not need to know my motive"

Motoyasu clenched his fist but yelp in pain as he held his stomach in pain.

"Hmm," The king hummed in his place finally getting out of his state of shock but now have to deal with the state of fear.

"So you are God?" The king's voice cracks a little which made him flustered.

"And you a mortal assert yourself a king. . .don't make me laugh" The light said nothing more as he seemed more interested in something else.

The King was shocked that this being had no interest in him.

"This message is for all of you. If Naofumi the shield hero gets hurt or killed you will face my wrath" The light voice roared threw out the land.

"Why!?" Motoyasu yelled at the light.

"If you don't then well. . .say goodbye to this world" The light said. The light grew dim as the night sky turns to red as a purple light appeared.

"It the wave of catastrophe!" A noble yelled as some people who were still there cry in horror. The heroes stared in shock as they all saw from their screen these monster's levels had an infinite sign.

"We can't defeat them" Itsuki yelled. Itsuki aims his bow at the opening but gasps as he sees a swarm of monsters coming towards them. Rin clenched his grip on the sword but he lets go of his sword. Motoyasu who got up by Malty help yelled to Rin. "What are you doing!? We have to fight!"

Rin looked up and said, "Will follow with your request God."

The monsters stopped in the tracks and they soon burst into ash. The sky went back into the night sky but was soon covered by the bright light.

"I knew you all will submit"

All the three heroes glared at the light while the people and the King were scared of this God.

The light grew dimmed which everyone assumes he was leaving. The people were relieved that this God was leaving but a voice spoke.

"What so important about Naofumi?" Itsuki said which made everyone glare at him.

The light said nothing but only spoke these words that made everyone horrified.

"He will be my opponent in the future"

Isabella and Rhaptila immediately look and we're going to ask more questions but the light vanishes. The arena was quiet as none left their place. And all were stared at an unconscious boy being held by Isabella.