Chapter 24: Race

Naofumi Pov

I was walking onto the road with my team. Me and Rhaptila we're looking at the view. I glance towards Rhaptila and she grew bigger again. She the same height as Isabella which is scary. It's crazy how demi-human grow I wish I can grow that tall. I pout "Man I wish I can grow that tall" I muttered under my breath. Filo chip happily as I looked at her.

"Naofumi you be tall one day." Rhaptila said. I was shocked and replied "did you hear me" I blush in embarrassment. She chuckles and grabs me and puts me on her shoulder.

"Now your big" Rhaptila said continuing the walk. I gasp since I could barely see much but now I'm on top of the world. Rhaptila giggles at my excitement but someone interrupted us.

"We be at the village shortly" Isabella said while walking glancing towards us. We both nod and Rhaptila quicken her pace to get there more quickly. Isabella sigh and also hustle her pace.

Time Skip

'What going on here!?'  I thought since right now I'm looking at an angry crowd. We made our way through a spot to get a better view when I immediately sigh once I saw those two. There Motoyasu and Malty are there on a stand with knights.

"We are broke!" A man screamed pointing at her while she looks down at him.

"You all are ungrateful. The amazing spear hero is willing to protect you all from incoming waves. And you don't want to give up a single silver because it's too much!" Matly yelled the last part.

"That like our house rent! We don't even make that much in this town!" A woman yelled. One person began throwing food at her while she yelled at them to stop. She pointed her finger at them and yelled "guards!" And the men in metal armor brought their spears which made the people scream and back away. I was just shocked at how she could just threaten the people like that. I was more disgusted with the fact that Motoyasu was just flirting with his teammate.

I know my mama would be mad for saying this but it has to be said!

'I'm sorry mama' I thought as I jump down from Rhaptila's shoulder which she yelled at me to stay close to her. I ignore heard and went towards Motoyasu.

"Hey, jerkwad instead of flirting with your teammate you control you're. . .bitch of a teammate!" I yelled which made everyone quiet down. They muttered

"It the devil of the shield"

"Shield hero"

"What he doing here?"

I ignore their comment and glared at Motoyasu. Motoyasu looks down and glared at me. "How dare you say that about Matly!" He yelled readying his spear when Filo peck him. "Oww what the hell!" He yelled as he grabbed his eye. Filo chirp in delight as she comes next to me and nuzzles my cheek. I smiled but went back to looking towards Motoyasu who was still holding his eye in pain. Malty ran towards and yelled at me "how could harm him?" She yelled as she started healing him.

"He not even that hurt. Filo peck isn't that bad. And says the one who was willing to hurt the people of this village!" I yelled back. Rhaptila came by my side while Isabella stayed behind looking at the scene.

"Now everyone will pay! It is now fifty silver to enter this village!" Malty yelled making the villagers outrage. They started yelling at her but ignored them and took Motoyasu away.

"I challenge you!" I said out loud. The villagers stop and looked at me. Motoyasu turns around to look at me.

"If I win you leaving this village and with your laws, if you win I'll give you 100 gold! And I'll leave?" I said crossing my hand. They thought about it for a bit before agreeing.