Chapter 23: First Adventure

Naofumi Pov

How did things turn out this way?

I slouch down as Filo who now looks like an ostrich was pecking me. She now grew up to be a big bird in a matter of a few days. I was so shocked but Rhaptila told me that filorial grow fast but I notices something. Rhaptila who looks like a child a few days ago is now a young adult. She also told me that demi-humans grow quickly and mature quickly. I pouted realizing that I'm the only one who looks like a child in our party.

"Chirp" I turn my head to look at Filo was looking at me. I smile and cup her cheeks and hug her.

"Naofumi it's time to leave." I hear Rhaptila's voice coming from the door. I get up and grab the vag that holds Kasel. I gesture for Filo to follow me. We both walk out the door and see Rhaptila who was holding a pack back. She walks towards Filo and attache a latch unto Filo's body and attaches the jackpot on her. She was confused and started taking at the backpack which Rhaptila adjust the backpack so it wouldn't bother Filo.

We both walk out of the holding station and we were up with Issbella who was waiting for us. She turns and says "We're heading towards another village for more training. The monster here is weak so their no use being here. Will come back here for supply but nothing else" Isabella said walking towards the kingdom gate. We both follow behind towards the gate onto the valley.

I smile at the view and take my first step outside the kingdom again.

"New adventure awaits"

Time Skip

HOW DID I GET HERE!

I am currently in front of a wall that was covered in monsters that look like plants. I grab the vein that was attached to my shield and throw it towards Kasel who tore it apart. I turn towards my attention to the can't monster that stares before me. The plant open its mouth and shot seed bullets at me. I quickly dodge and block some of them. I gasp when one slices my arm. I hiss in pain and glared at the plant. I put my shield up and aim at the plant.

"Come on!" I say and wip my hands toward the plant. The front part of the shield grew several vines. The vines grabs a hold of the plant and I soon pulled it out of the wall and slam it on the ground.

I gasp when a vine latches onto me. I tried pulling my leg from the monster but its grip tighten.

Swoosh

I gasp when I see Rhaptila in front of me holding her sword. I look at my foot which was now freed from the monster and cut in half. "Thank you Rhaptila!" I say giving Rhaptila a big smile. She turns to look at me until she notices the injury on my arms and friend. "Your hurt master" she grabs my arm to see the injury which I pull away. "We should worry about the battle, not my arm. We heal after the battle" I say looking at her. She frowns but nods and gives her attention to the monster.

I notice the dead monster on the ground and pick it up. I place the monster piece on my shield gem. It glows a bright green then a screen pop up.

This should be useful.

I aim my shield again at the plants. Thaptila who was now cutting monsters in half while Isabella was watching us. She isn't going to help? Dang, it Naofumi stay focused!

"Now!" My shield glows and soon I have a monster on my shield that shooting sees bullets at the monster.

Now to win this fight!

Time Skip

I grab the dead piece of the plant monsters and place them on the gemstone of my shield. I watch them dissolve once they hit. That should be enough.