Chapter 22: Filo

Naofumi Pov

"It's great to be out of that castle" I stretched my arm up in the air and yawn. I stare at the view as we were in the streets of Melmorcarc. I glance back at Rhaptila who was having trouble lifting the heavy book bag. "Do you need help?" I ask her which she says a small "no I got this" and keeps walking.

I sigh but I know it would be no use to ask again. The time I know Rhaptila she was very stubborn but very polite when doing it.

"So where are we going, Isabella?" I look up to her who was holding our supply. I giggle when Kasel's head pops from the pack. Rhaptila was confused but then notice Kasel and quietly giggle. Isabella notice Kasel and puts the patch over Kasel's head to hide him.

"We're going to the trader, he has a few more trades." Isabella said while continuing to look forwards. Rhaptila shudders while I give a distaste look.

"Do we have to go see him? He's creepy" I say and shudder remembering the short man with a creepy grin. "We're already heading there so there's no point in going back" Isabella responds and gives a look of don't ask me any more questions.

I and Rhaptila sigh and continue walking.

Time Skip

"Hello, my boy it's been a while. Enjoying being a hero" I frown when seeing the short man come towards us. Rhaptila moves close to me and I could hear Kasel growling from the bag. "You have a trade for me?" He glance towards the bag that Kasel was in. I immediately say "no!" He stare at me for a bit before driving his attention towards Isabella.

"You heard the trades my fear?" He looks up to Isabella which she responds with a stern "yes" and goes into the tent. Me and Rhaptila gulp and head inside the tent and we by met with creatures in cages. Rhaptila holds onto my arm as we follow the two adults. I stop paying attention when he started showing Isabella some items and weapons. I catch my eyes on a batch of eggs on a box.

"Hey, mister what the eggs for?" I say glancing towards him. He laughs and comes towards the eggs.

"I see you have a fine eye for new trades" He gesture for us to come near and we slowly go over there. "Come now children I don't bite" which Rhaptila makes a weird noise but he ignores it.

"They are filorial egg. These birds are used for many things mostly transport. But who cares about that. The deal for this egg is that one of these eggs has a queen filorial. I'm offering my costume if they buy one and get the queen then I will happily pay them a fine sum. What do you say? Wanna buy one?" He gesture to pick one of the eggs which I first didn't and look at Isabella.

"How much does one cost" I ask looking back at the man. He smiles and says which made me think. It's cheap but still a lot. We do have that much but it is a hit on our savings. I glance at Isabella who gave me an empty stare.

"Will take one"

Time Skip

We were in and I was looking at the erg that was on a small pillow. I hear the door open and glance to see Rhaptila holding Kasel in her arms.

"Was it a good idea to buy it?" Rhaptila asks walking me and sitting next to me on the bed. She lets Kasel go and hops near the egg to see it.

"Even if we don't get the queen it be useful to keep it. It can hold the supply and we don't have Isabella carry everything." I respond glance back at her. She nod until something interrupted us.

Crack

"Huh!" We both say in unison and Kasel jumps back hiring me in the face. I groan but get up when Rhaptila gets close to the egg.

"It's hatching!" I jump and got close to the egg. We both started freaking out while Kasel was making a weird noise and bouncing on the bed.

Crack

We look back and we see a beak peak out that we slowly go near it. The bird open its eyes look around until it landed on us. I slowly wave and give an awkward "hi" like it could instead of me. It stared squawking and get breaking out of the egg that we shriek when it was going to fall off the stand. I quickly catch it and hold it close to me.

"Did it hatch" I hear Isabella's voice? When did she come in? Never mind she know how to raise a baby right? I nodded and was going to give it to her when it started walking again that stop by action. Rhaptila gets a bit close and smiles at the bird and says "cute" which the bird starts chirping happily.

"It seems it has imprinted on you Naofumi. Ready to be a mother?" Isabella said hiding her amused smile. I immediately turn my head towards than back at the chick then back to her.

"I haven't gone through mothers training!?" I yelled but gain a laugh from Rhaptila.

"Do we have food?" Rhaptila asks glancing up at Isabella. She nods as we all head down stare even Kasel who Isabella had fro glare at the bartender to let Kasel in the dining room. She orders soup and the waiters bring the soup. We all started feeding the bird when Rhaptila chip in.

"What do we call it" Rhaptila asks. We stare at the bird when I blurted out.

"Filo"

Rhaptila looks at me with a confused look and asks "Filo?" I look away kind of embarrassed that I came up with a weird name like Filo. Rhaptila thinks for a bit before snapping her fingers. "Cute name for a cute thing" she giggles and winks. I look at Filo who was eating the soup from the spoon that Isabella hold.

"Your name is Filo." I say to Filo who looks up at me and chirps happily.