Chapter 7: Armor and Balloon

Naofumi pov

I and Isabella left the castle and now I saw outside the castle. There many people walking around, people talking about there day.

"This is the place" I hear Isabella voice. I stop and look at the building. Isabella grabs my hand and pulled me inside. I look around and see my weapons. Should I be here?

"Hello miss my name is Erhard how may I help you" I hear a man voice. I stayed quiet listing to there conversations.

"I would like small chain armor and maybe a weapon." She pulled out the bag of money waited for him.

"Small chain armor you at least a medium" He looks confused.

"It not for me" She than pick me up and showed him.

"It for me" I pointed to myself.

He looks so shocked and worried. I stare at him he looks like he wanted to say something but he didn't. He was having a hard time saying something.

"Miss he looks way too young to be adventuring" He tried sounding nice but seem to let me down easy.

"I know that but the king would still sadly want him to fight" I look up at her but she seems so sad. I gently grab my wrist and showed him the shield.

"What that can't be!" the man yelled holding my shield and just stare at it. He faces me again and we back looking at the shield. He sighs and goes back to a door and brings out a small chain armor and a small knife.

He places them on the desk and I looked at the armor and knife. I'm not supposed to touch a knife. Dad and mom would be so mad at me. They would yell at me and told me not to touch the knife. Isabella grabs the knife and hands it to me. I grab it but it shocks my hand.

I yelp not expecting it to shock me. Isabella grabs my arm looking if to see I got hurt. Erhard came over his desk to see if I'm hurt. I saw a warning sign in front of me.

Warning may not use any other weapons than the shield

"Um it said I can't hold or use another weapon I could only use the shield," I said.

They look at each other and Isabella sigh.

"We just take the chain armor" She looks very tired she remains me of my dad when he comes back from work.

"That will be 300 silver"

She gives him the money and we both head out.

Not before I turned around and said

"See you again Erhard" I wave at him.

Time skip

Isabella and I were walking to the forest where we spotted these orange balloons. I ran towards them but I got pulled back.

"What are you doing those things are dangerous" She picks up a rock and threw it at one of them. They came to her and one bit her. I started crying I thought she was hurt.

She lifts up her dress and pulls out this small knife. I saw in one slice she killed every single one of them. I stare at her in amazement she was so cool.

She smiled at me and then something appeared in front of my eyes.

Level up 2

Wow so cool!

We spotted more that we're coming our way. Isabella holds up her daggers and I held up my shield.

Time skip

Level up 6

Man, we killed so many. I grab one of the orange skin and looked at it. I accidentally drop it on my shield but the green gem of the started glowing. The orange's skin from the ballon vanishes than another thing that appeared in front of me.

New shield unlocks.

Will not get damaged by level one monsters.

I was so amazed by the cool things today. I heard some rustling in the bush so I went to look. I peek through and saw a small orange balloon monster. It saw me and it whimpered at me. I went to touch it but it got scared.

I pet it on the head and it started to calm down. I smiled at it grab it. I pick it up and walk to Isabella.

"Can we keep it please it hurt and scared?" I said giving my best puppy dog eyes. She started at me and sigh.

"Fine but you're looking after it"

"Okay"

Time skip

We got a from someplace called an inn. Isabella tucks me. The oranges balloon came and hop right next to where I was laying. I hold it and said

"I'll call you Kasel"

I snuggled next to the Kasel and drifted to sleep.