S1, Chapter 2: Finding Out how Powerful I Am

Y/N had made it home after confirming his suspicions. But all that had to wait, before anything he had to find out how powerful he was. He knew he was a Lucifer, a relative of the original Satan which should make him pretty strong. But he had no magic training which would affect his strength, so at the moment maybe he was between Rias and Sirzechs in power level. All of this, though, was only a theory. He may have some other unknown power.

Y/N: *Sigh* 'Ok, I need to test my magic. But how would I do that? It might attract the three factions and I'm not ready to face them yet'

As if on demand, when Y/N had finished the sentence, a book dropped out of a small portal, startling him.

Y/N: "What the hell!"

Walking up to the book, he instantly noticed the title "Magic for dummies, aka. Y/N".

Y/N: 'Who the hell wrote this book!'

"Written by Author-Kun"

Y/N: *Sigh* 'Of course. Well, let's hope there's some good advice in here at least'

Taking a seat on the couch, he began scrolling through the book and to Y/N's surprise there actually was some very helpful advice. He already had some knowledge from other shows, even so, it would be helpful.

Y/N: "I'm probably gonna regret this, but thank you Author-Kun"

To Y/N's shock and delight, Author-Kun didn't materialize. Concluding that there was no time like the present, Y/N went out to the backyard book in hand.

Y/N: 'Ok, before I actually start using magic, I need to sense it inside me. Thankfully, this book came with a scrap of paper, that according to the book contained magic that put up a barrier, which would hide his magic'

Sitting down in a meditative posture, learning from other magic systems, Y/N tried to "feel" magic coursing through him. This didn't come as easy as Y/N had wanted to, spending 1 and a half hour before finally feeling the magic going through attempting something new he focused on collecting a little of it in his right hand.

Looking at the little something that he had achieved with amazement, Y/N instantly began to think of what he could do with it

Y/N: 'Bullets, swords, lightning and that's only the beginning. The possibilities are endless!'

He couldn't help but laugh little, now he needed to find out if he had any other powers. Devil magic was an easy guess due to his last name being Lucifer, any other power that he might possess was an unknown. Deciding to keep looking through the book, after a while he came upon a page with the title "clues to your powers".

Y/N: 'A bit on the nose, but I'm not going to complain'

Upon the page were three clues, the first one read "This one will be the easiest one, mongrel". The second "Think of where you have been reborn" and lastly "Be careful not to be FOUND out". Thankfully the first clue was quite straightforward, obviously relating to a famous king with a serious confidence overload. Sure have confidence but referring to everybody but you as mongrel is a bit much. The second one might refer to Y/N possessing sacred gear. Though he isn't sure how that would work seeing as he's "supposed" to be a full-blooded devil and sacred gear was a gift from God to humans. So it shouldn't be possible but seeing as he's here the rule book's out the window. The last one isn't as clear, why the focus on "Found"? My best and only guess would AoT? Seeing as both the others are either from some of my favorite or the anime I'm in. Unclear at the moment, the rest of the powers should be plenty enough to keep most devils off my back.