S2, Chapter 9: The Beginning Of Change And Some Other Stuff

Flashback Start

10 people sit by a table, each one of them a devil councilor chosen from a few of the remaining Devil Pillars that had survived the great war

10 people sit by a table, each one of them a devil councilor chosen from a few of the remaining Devil Pillars that had survived the great war. Across from them stands another devil, easily recognizable due to his bright red hair and oversized armor piece. Right more confused than anything. Firstly, he hadn't been told what the meeting was to be about, which was strange on it's own. Secondly, was that these types of meetings were rare and mostly reserved for bigger things that could affect devil society.

Devil Elder 1: "Now SirZechs, we've brought you here to speak about Y/N Lucifer"

The tone of his voice in which he said Y/N's name confirmed for SirZechs the tone of the meeting. But he still wasn't sure what problem they could have with him, that would be big enough for them to call such a meeting.

SirZechs: "Has he done something? If so it's not something that I've heard of"

Now there were things SirZechs would have expected them to criticize Y/N for, like his brash attitude towards other high-class devils. But the thing they said next wasn't it.

Devil Elder 2: "It's come to our attention that he's come into the possession of evil pieces. That you gave him"

SirZechs: *Surprised* "Evil pieces? He's a high-class devil isn't he supposed to have a peerage?"

Devil Elder 3: "Yes, Yes all of that very well might be true, it is the lineage that is in question here"

SirZechs: *Irritated* "What are you getting at exactly?!"

Sirzechs remained calm under most circumstances, it would take a lot to truly irritate or provoke him in any way. But, one of his few weak spots was his family, and while Y/N might not be part of his family yet. His sister, who he cared for deeply, in turn, cared for Y/N. Which in his book was as close to family as you could get. So for them to accuse him of something so out in the open didn't sit right with him.

Devil Elder 2: "Surely you can't be serious? Do you not see it, SirZechs?"

SirZechs: "If you have something to say, say it!"

The patience he had left was wearing thin quickly.

Devil Elder 1:  "Silence! While you may be the Lucifer, it does not give you an excuse to act this way"

Devil Elder 2: "Have you yourself forgotten that you have dealt with relatives of the original 4 maou before this?"

SirZechs: "Of course I haven't, all of the sacrifices it took to stop them isn't something that I just.... forget. But I don't see what any of this has to do with Y/N?"

Devil Elder 1: "And now another shows up, interrupting an agreement set up between the Gremory and Phenex Clan"

Devil Elder 2: "Before threatening you, and any other devils who would go against his wishes"