Hell House [2]

Emergency vehicles and men moved around the Hell House.

A girl's body was brought out on a stretcher.

Dean and Sam approached a man standing outside.

"What happened?" Dean asked.

"A couple cops say a girl hung herself in the house," The Man replied.

"Suicide?" Sam wondered.

"Yeah. She was a straight-A student, with a full ride to UT too. It just doesn't make sense," The Man walked away.

Sam looked at Dean "Whaddaya think?"

"I think we maybe missed something," Dean admitted.

***

A police car was parked outside the Hell House, two cops stood around.

Sam and Dean crouched in the bushes.

"I guess the cops don't want anyone else screwing around in there," Sam reasoned.

"Yeah but we still gotta get in there," Dean heard whispers and peeked from their hiding place. "I don't believe it,"

Sam spun to look.

Ed and Harry were approaching: hunched over, wearing all sorts of gadgets, whispering and shh-ing each other.

"I got an idea," Dean smirked "Nat, what's the Ghostbusters phrase?"

"Who ya gonna call!" Natalia exclaimed.

Ed and Harry looked up in shock and confusion.

"Hey! You!" A cop called out as he noticed Ed and Harry.

The cops chased Ed and Harry back down the path.

Dean laughed as he high-fived Natalia as they made a break for the house. "You got our back, squirt?" Dean asked as he placed her in the baby carrier on Sam's back.

Natalia gave Dean a thumbs up as Sam handed Dean a rifle.

Dean turned on a flashlight "Where have I seen that symbol before? It's killing me!"

"Come on, we don't have much time," Sam rushed.

They went down to the basement and looked around.

Dean spied the jars and picked one up for a closer look, the pale red liquid sloshed around inside. "Hey, Sam. I dare you to take a swig of this,"

"What the hell would I do that for?" Sam questioned.

"...I double dare you,"

Sam just shook his head, looking away.

Dean grinned.

A noise had them both on alert and they moved toward the cabinet. At Dean's nod, Sam opened the door. Rats squeaked and ran from the torchlight.

Dean lifted his feet "Arghh! I hate rats,"

"You'd rather it was a ghost?" Sam asked.

"Yes,"

"Boo!" Natalia said as she pointed behind Sam.

Sam and Dean swung around to see Mordechai raising an ax above his head.

Sam shot Mordechai twice but he was still there.

Dean shot Mordechai again and he misted away.

"What the hell kind of spirit is immune to rock salt?" Sam wondered.

"I dunno. Come on come on!" Dean exclaimed as they ran toward the stairs Mordechai smashed his ax down, catching the shelves and bringing the jars crashing down on Dean. Mordechai smashed the electrical box and sparks flew everywhere.

Sam, Dean, and Natalia bolted for the door.

***

Dean was sitting on the bed of the motel room drawing the symbol, Natalia copying him while Sam was researching. "What the hell is this symbol?" He wondered "It's buggin' the hell outta me. This whole damn job's buggin' me. I thought the legend said Mordechai only goes after chicks,"

"It does," Sam said.

"All right. Well I mean that explains why he went after you, but why me?"

"Hilarious," Sam said sarcastically "The legend also says he hung himself but did you those slit wrists?"

"Yeah,"

"What's up with that? And the ax too. I mean, ghosts are usually pretty strict, right? Following the same patterns over and over?"

"But this mook keeps changing,"

Sam clicked away on his laptop "Exactly. I'm telling ya, the way the story goes..." he stopped "wait a minute,"

"What?"

"Someone added a new post to the Hell Hound site. Listen to this. They say Mordechai Murdock was really a Satanist who chopped up his victims with an ax before slitting his own wrists. Now he's imprisoned in the house for eternity,"

Dean suddenly sat straight up.

"Where the hell is this going?" Sam wondered.

"I don't know but I think I might have just figured out where it all started,"

***

Craig was sitting at the counter of the music store looking depressed.

"Hey, Craig?" Dean greeted "Remember us?"

"Guys, look I'm really not in the mood to answer any of your questions ok?" Craig said.

"Oh don't worry. We're just here to buy an album, that's all," Dean said as he flicked through and picked up an album. "You know I couldn't figure out what that symbol was and then I realized that it doesn't mean anything. It's the logo for the Blue Oyster Cult," he looked at Craig "Tell me, Craig, you, uh, you into BOC? Or just scaring the hell out of people? Now, why don't you tell us about that house...without lying through your ass this time,"

Craig sighed "All right, um. My cousin Dana was on break from TCU. Ah, I guess we were just bored, looking for something to do. So I showed her this abandoned dump I found. We thought it would be funny if we made it look like it was haunted. So we painted symbols on the walls, some from some albums, some from some of Dana's theology textbooks. Then we found out this guy Murdock used to live there so we...we made up some story to go along with that. So they told people, who told other people. And then these two guys put it on their stupid website. Everything just took on a life of its own. I mean I, I thought it was funny at first but...now that girl's dead! It was just a joke, you know. I mean, none of it was real, we made the whole thing up. I swear!"

"All right," Sam said as he and Dean turned to leave.

"If none of it was real, how the hell do you explain Mordechai?" Dean asked Sam.