Dead Man's Blood [4]

A vampire looked up from where he was drinking, he moved to stand in front of the barn doors, considers them a moment, then shrugged and took another drink. The vampire turned to find Dean behind him.

"Boo," Dean swung his machete, then made his way back to the locked container of people, "I told you I'd come back," he began breaking the hinges.

***

John looked in the rear-view mirror. He had to stop when the road was blocked ahead of him by Luther, three other vampires, and two cars.

"Get out!" Luther demanded, "Who are you?"

"Name's Winchester," John replied.

"Where are your friends?"

"Cleaning out your nest,"

"Where's Kate?" Luther asked tightly.

John turned back to the truck "Come here sweetheart," he pulled a groggy and tied up Kate out, holding a large knife to her throat.

"Kate, you all right?"

"Dead man's blood," Kate replied.

Luther glared at John "You son of a bitch,"

"I want the Colt." John said "Elkins gun. Trade,"

"Is that all this is about? I mean, you can't shoot us, all right? We'll kill you,"

"Oh, I don't need it for you." John admitted "I'm saving it for something else," He nodded to the ground "Put the colt down, or she goes first,"

"All right. Just don't hurt her," Luther placed the Colt on the ground.

"Back up." John ordered "Further," He dragged Kate forward and leaned down with her to pick up the gun.

Kate worked at the ties around her wrists.

"It's a nice move, you almost made it," Luther smirked.

Kate swung around, knocking John back against his truck.

Luther punched John, causing the windshield of the truck to shatter.

An arrow was shot at one of the female vampires.

Sam and Dean ran from out of the woods.

Dean used a crossbow to shoot another vampire.

Sam was hit, his body hitting the ground.

Dean grabbed a machete.

Luther held Sam by his neck "Don't! I'll break his neck. Put the blade down,"

Dean dropped the blade.

"You people." Luther hissed. "Why can't you just leave us alone? We have as much right to live as you do,"

"I don't think so," John said from behind Luther.

Luther turned right as John pressed the trigger.

The Colt bullet soared through the air before hitting Luther, center of his forehead. A brief flash lit up Luther's body before he fell to the ground.

"Luther!" Kate mourned. She moved to get the body or to attack the boys.

"Kate, don't!" A Female vampire exclaimed leading her to the car.

The two vampires escape the scene.

***

Natalia swung her legs back and forth on the edge of the bed while Sam and Dean packed their bags.

The family turned when John entered the motel room.

"So, boys..." John sighed.

"Yes, sir?" Sam asked.

"You ignored a direct order back there,"

"Yes, sir,"

"But we saved your ass," Dean reminded.

"You're right,"

"I am?"

"It scares the hell out of me. You three are all I've got." John brushed a hand through Natalia's hair "But I guess we are stronger as a family. So..." He looked up at his two sons "We go after this damn thing...together,"

"Yes, sir." Sam and Dean replied simultaneously.