Dead Man's Blood [3]

Dean, John, and Sam were hiding in the trees as they watched one of the Vampires head back into a building.

"Son of a bitch." Dean muttered, "So they're really not afraid of the sun?"

"Ahh, direct sunlight hurts like a nasty sunburn." John explained "The only way to kill 'em is by beheading. And yeah, they sleep during the day...doesn't mean they won't wake up,"

"So I guess walking right in's not our best option,"

"Actually, that's the plan,"

***

The Winchesters weaponed up.

"Dad, I've got an extra machete if you need one," Dean said. He looked over and noticed John unveiling a massive shiny serrated edge machete from a leather holder.

"I think I'm ok. Thanks," John said.

"Wow," Dean mused.

"So, you boys really wanna know about this Colt?"

"Yes sir," Sam replied.

"It's just a story, a legend really. Well, I thought it was. Never really believed it until I read Daniel's letter...Back in 1835, when Hailey's comet was overhead, the same night those men died at the Alamo. They say Samuel Colt made a gun. A special gun. He made it for a hunter, a man like us only on horseback. The story goes he made thirteen bullets, and this hunter used the gun a half dozen times before he disappeared, the gun along with him. And somehow Daniel got his hands on it. They say...they say this gun can kill anything,"

"Kill anything like supernatural anything?" Dean questioned.

"Like the demon," Sam realized.

"Yeah," John nodded "the demon. Ever since I picked up its trail I've been looking for a way to destroy that thing. Find the gun...we may have it,"

***

John jumped through a barn window and disappeared.

Sam followed, then Dean.

The brothers surveyed the room.

Vamps were sleeping in hammocks.

All was quiet.

John looked into the stalls as Sam and Dean made their way through the barn.

As Dean passed a hammock he kicked an empty bottle on the ground. It clinked but the vampire didn't wake. At the back of the barn, John found two vampires, Kate and Luther, asleep on a bed in an alcove. The Colt hung in a holster beside them.

Sam found a woman tied up against the pole, sleeping or unconscious, he couldn't tell. "Dean,"

John slowly made his way down a few steps to the bed.

Luther turned over in his sleep.

Sam began to untie the woman.

Dean looked behind them when he heard a noise. "There's more." he made his way to a locked metal grid.

Inside people were tied up, also sleeping or unconscious. There was a lock on the door.

Dean grabbed a metal hook to break the lock.

Sam looked up sharply at the noise and the brothers looked over to the hammocks, breathing a sigh of relief when there was no movement.

John continued to approach the gun.

The woman tied up against the pole began to stir.

"Hey." Sam whispered to the woman "Hey hey, shh, I'm here to help you,"