Dead in the Water [3]

Lucas was sitting in a chair, rocking back and forth. 

Andrea was sitting next to him, holding a bag and a plastic container. "Baby, what's wrong?" Andrea asked

Sam, Dean, and Jake Devins walked in the door. 

Andrea looked over. "Sam, Dean," Andrea stood up, putting the bag and container on her chair.

Natalia saw her father "Daddy!"

Sam walked over and scooped her up.

"So now you're on a first-name basis." Jake noted, "What are you doing here?"

"I brought you dinner," Andrea said.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart, I don't really have the time,"

"I heard about Bill Carlton. Is it true? Is something going on with the lake?"

"Right now we don't know what the truth is. But I think it might be better if you and Lucas went on home,"

Lucas looked up and whined, looking stricken; he jumped up and grabbed Natalia's arm.

"Lucas?" Natalia asked

Dean knelt down "Lucas,"

"Lucas," Andrea said worriedly.

"Lucas, it's okay. It's okay. Hey, Lucas, it's okay. It's okay,"

Andrea pulled Lucas away from Dean and Natalia and led him outside. 

Lucas didn't look away from Natalia.

Jake threw down his jacket and went into his office. 

Sam and Dean followed with Natalia in tow. 

"Okay, just so I'm clear, you see...something attack Bill's boat, sending Bill-who is a very good swimmer, by the way-into the drink, and you never see him again?" Jake questioned

Natalia looked up at Sam and Dean curiously.

"Yeah, that about sums it up," Dean said

"And I'm supposed to believe this, even though I've already sonar-swept that entire lake? And what you're describing is impossible? And you're not really Wildlife Service?"

Dean looked surprised.

"That's right, I checked. Department's never heard of you two,"

"See, now, we can explain that," Dean began

"Enough. Please. The only reason you're breathing free air is one of Bill's neighbors saw him steering out that boat just before you did. So, we have a couple of options here. I can arrest you for impersonating officials and hold you as material witnesses to Bill Carlton's disappearance, placing that little lady right there in foster care. Or, we can chalk this all up to a bad day, you get into your car, you put this town in your rearview mirror, and you don't ever darken my doorstep again,"

"Door number two sounds good," Sam replied

"That's the one I'd pick,"

***

Dean, Sam, and Natalia were in the Impala, waiting at a traffic light. A sign said I-43 North to Milwaukee is to the left. 

Natalia began having a fit...

"Tali what's wrong?" Sam asked turning around

"Lucas..." she whimpered

Dean smirked as he looked at Sam "Boy crush,"

Sam rolled his eyes until Natalia let out an earpiercing cry.

"Lucas! Lucas! Lucas!" Although Dean thought the moment was funny, he couldn't help but wonder if maybe Nat was onto something as she continued crying.

"Light's green," Sam told him

Dean turned right.

"Uh, the interstate's the other way,"

"I know," Dean said

"But Dean, this job, I think it's over,"

"I'm pretty sure Nat thinks otherwise,"

Sam looked back at his daughter who seemed to have calmed down a little bit as they got closer to the house. "If Bill murdered Peter Sweeney and Peter's spirit got its revenge, case closed. The spirit should be at rest,"

"All right, so what if we take off and this thing isn't done?" Dean asked "You know, what if we've missed something? What if more people get hurt?"

"But why would you think that?"

"Because Lucas and Natalia are really scared,"

"That's what this about?"

"I just don't want to leave this town until I know the kid's okay,"

"Who are you? And what have you done with my brother?"

Dean glanced at Sam "Shut up,"