Hell House [4]

Dean and Sam entered the house on alert, with Natalia on Sam's back, guns drawn, and began a methodical search, staying back to back.

Dean readjusted his gun hand "I barely have any skin left on my palm,"

"I'm not touching that line with a ten-foot pole," Sam teased.

Dean shined his flashlight in Sam's face until he winced, then moved into the other room. "So, you think old Mordechai's home?"

"I don't know,"

"Me either," Ed admitted.

Sam and Dean spun, pointing their guns at Ed and Harry.

"Whoa!! Whoa!!"

"What are you trying to do, get yourself killed?" Sam exclaimed.

"We're just trying to get a book and movie deal, ok?"

From the basement came the sound of knives being sharpened, Natalia whimpered in fear.

Sam and Dean were immediately back on alert.

"Oh crap," Ed muttered.

Ed and Harry crowded in close behind Sam and Dean with their camera.

"Ah guys, you wanna...you wanna open that door for us?"

"Why don't you?" Dean teased.

Mordechai burst through the door holding an ax and screaming.

Sam and Dean emptied their gun chambers.

Mordechai held on, then wavered and disappeared into mist.

Sam and Dean waited for a beat, then took off to ensure the other rooms were clear.

"Oh, God." Ed murmured "He's gone. He's gone,"

"Did you get him?" Harry asked.

"Yeah, they got him,"

"No, on camera, did you get him on camera,"

"Ah, ah, I..."

"Let me see it, let me see it," Harry took the camera and flipped it open.

Mordechai appeared, slamming his ax through the camera, forcing Harry to the ground, and disappeared again.

"Hey!" Dean exclaimed as he ran in "Didn't you guys post that BS story we gave you?"

"Of course we did,"

Sam appeared in the other door, gun at the ready.

"But then our server crashed," Harry admitted.

"Yeah," Ed nodded.

"So it didn't take?" Dean asked.

"Uhmmm..."

"So these, these guns don't work,"

"Yeah,"

"Great." Dean muttered "Sam, any ideas?"

"We are getting outta here," Harry said.

"Yeah," Ed agreed.

"Come on, Ed." Harry grabbed Ed.

Harry and Ed ran past Dean to the other room, where Mordechai appeared again.

Screaming, the two ran to the front door but it was locked.

Mordechai followed them.

"Jesus Mary and Joseph," Harry said.

"The power of Christ compels you, the power of Christ compels you." Ed repeated, "THE POWER OF CHRIST COMPELS YOU!!"

"Hey!" Sam exclaimed from behind "Come and get it you ugly son of a bitch,"

Sam and Mordechai fought until Mordechai pinned Sam against the wall, ax across his throat.

"Get out of here, now!" Sam ordered Ed and Harry.

"We're out of here..." Ed agreed.

Dean was in the other room, holding Natalia while splashing kerosene everywhere.

Mordechai lifted Sam off his feet with the pressure of the ax at his throat.

"Dean!" Sam gasped.

"Hey!" Dean exclaimed as he appeared, holding a spray bottle and lit the gas, a plume of fire appeared. 'Go go go!"

Sam ran past, grabbing Natalia, Dean followed, pulling Sam as he stopped and leaned over, holding his throat.

"Mordechai can't leave the house, we can't kill him...We improvise." Dean held up his lighter, flicked it, and threw it back into the room.

The room burst into flame and the boys and Natalia ran outside.

"That's your solution?!" Sam demanded "Burn the whole damn place to the ground?"

"Well nobody will go in anymore." Dean shrugged "I mean look, Mordechai can't haunt a house if there's no house to haunt. It's fast and dirty but it works,"

"Well, what if the legend changes again and Mordechai is allowed to leave the house?"

"Well..." Dean paused in thought "well then we'll just have to come back,"

The trio watched the house burn.

"Kinda makes you wonder." Sam said "Of all the things we hunted, how many existed just cuz people believed in them,"

***

Sam, Dean, and Natalia were hanging out by a picnic table at the trailer park.

Natalia was sitting on the table eating a peanut butter banana sandwich, Dean messing with her by trying to snag a few bites.

Ed and Harry approached carrying grocery bags.

"I was thinking that Mordechai has a really super high attack bonus," Harry explained to Ed, neither of them noticing the Winchesters.

"Man I got the munchies right now," Ed said.

"Hey guys," Sam greeted.

"Should we tell 'em," Harry gloated.

"Hey, might as well," Ed shrugged "you know, they're going to read about it in the trades,"

"So this morning we got a phone call from a very important Hollywood producer,"

"Oh yeah, wrong number?" Dean teased.

"No, smart-ass. He read all about the Hell House on our website and wants to option the motion picture rights. Maybe even have us write it,"

Ed and Harry placed their grocery bags into a totally overloaded car.

"And create the RPG," Harry added.

"The what?" Dean asked confused.

"Role-playing game," Ed replayed.

"Right," Dean said with a nod.

"A little lingo for you. Anyhoo, ah, excuse us, we're off to la-la land,"

"Teletubbies?" Natalia asked causing Sam and Dean to smirk.

"Well, congratulations guys. That sounds really great," Sam said.

"Yeah. That's awesome, best of luck to you,"

"Oh yeah, luck." Ed scoffed "That has nothing to do with it. It's about talent. Sheer unabashed talent. Later,"

The duo got in the car and drove off.

"Wow," Dean said.

Sam finally couldn't help but burst out laughing "I have a confession to make,"

"What's that,"

"I, uh...I was the one that called them and told them I was a producer,"

Dean laughed "Yeah well I'm the one who put the dead fish in their back seat,"

Sam laughed "Truce?"

"Yeah, truce." Dean agreed "At least for the next 100 miles,"