Something Wicked [2]

"You know this might not be anything supernatural." Sam noted as he and Dean walked down the corridor "It might just be pneumonia,"

"Maybe." Dean shrugged "Or maybe something opened that window. I don't know man, look, Dad sent us down here for a reason. I think we might be barking up the right tree,"

"I'll tell you one thing..."

"What?"

"That guy we just talked to? I'm betting it'll be a while before he goes home,"

***

Sam and Dean checked Bethany's bedroom with EMF detectors.

"You got anything over there?" Sam asked.

"Nah, nothing." Dean negated.

"Yeah, me neither," Sam moved to the window "Hey Dean?"

"Yeah,"

"Wha..." Sam stared at the windowsill "You were right. It's not pneumonia,"

Dean came over and they stared at a handprint rotted into the wood.

"It's rotted." Sam noted, "What the hell leaves a handprint like that?"

"I know why Dad sent us here." Dean admitted "He's faced this thing before. He wants us to finish the job,"

***

The Impala pulled up to a motel office and the Winchesters got out.

Sam grabbed Natalia and carried her, the three year old resting her head against his shoulder as it was way past her nap time. "So what the hell is a shtriga?"

"It's...kinda like a witch I think. I don't know much about 'em," Dean explained.

"Well, I've never heard of it. And it's not in Dad's journal,"

"Dad hunted one in Fort Douglas, Wisconsin, about 16, 17 years ago. You were there. You don't remember?"

"No,"

"And I guess he caught wind of things in Fitzburg now and kicked us the coordinates,"

"So wait, this..."

"Shtriga," Dean corrected.

"Right. You think it's the same one Dad hunted before?"

"Yeah, maybe,"

"But if Dad went after it why is it still breathing air?"

"Cause it got away," Dean admitted.

"Got away?"

"Yeah, Sammy it happens,"

"Not very often,"

"Well I don't know what to tell ya, maybe Dad didn't have his Wheaties that morning,"

"What else do you remember?"

"Nothin'." Dean snapped "I was a kid all right?" He entered the reception and rang the bell.

A boy around 10-12 came from the back room where a younger boy sat watching TV "A king or two queens?"

Dean glanced back at Sam, who was busy trying to get Natalia to get some sleep. "Two queens,"

The boy followed Dean's look and sniggered under his breath "Yeah I'll bet,"

"What'd you say,"

The boy smiled "Nice car!"

A woman entered, smiling at them both "Hi,"

"Hi," Dean greeted.

"Checking in?"