Nightmare [4]

"I'm telling you there was nothing in there." Dean told Sam back in the Impala "No signs either, just like the Miller's house,"

"I saw something, in the vision. Like a dark shape. Something was..." Sam stopped when he noticed the dark swirls that covered Natalia's recent drawings. "something was stalking Roger,"

"Whatever it was, are you sure it's not connected to their house?"

"No, it's connected to the family themselves. So what do you think, a vengeful spirit?"

"Well yeah, there's a few that have been known to latch onto families, follow them for years,"

"Aniak. Banshees,"

"Basically like a curse. So maybe Roger and Jim Miller got involved in something heavy, something curse worthy,"

"And now the something is out for revenge. And the men in their family are dying." Sam looked over at Dean "You think Max is in danger?"

"Let's figure it out before he is,"

"Well, I know one thing I have in common with these people,"

"What's that?"

Sam sighed as he looked back at Natalia who watched the scenery go by as they drove "Both our families are cursed,"

Dean huffed as his hold on the steering wheel causing his knuckles to turn white "Our family's not cursed!"

Natalia's head whipped around at Dean's shout.

Dean sighed as he quieted his voice "We just...had our dark spots,"

"Our dark spots are...pretty dark," Sam admitted.

"You're...dark," Dean retaliated.

***

Max led Sam and Dean into the Miller House.

Sam and Dean were wearing their priests' outfits, Sam had a baby monitor in his back pocket as he didn't want to wake Natalia from her nap.

"My mom's resting," Max explained to the duo "she's pretty wrecked,"

"Of course," Dean said.

"All these people kept coming with like, casseroles? I finally had to tell them all to go away. You know cause nothing says I'm sorry like a tuna casserole," Max gestured to the lounge and they all took seats.

There was a moment of silence, then Sam sighed.

"How are you holding up?" Sam asked softly.

"Ok," Max admitted.

"Your dad and your uncle were close,"

"Yeah, I guess." Max shrugged "I mean, they were brothers. They used to hang out all the time when I was little,"

"But not lately much?"

"No, it's not that. It's just...we used to be neighbors when I was a kid, and we lived across town in this house. Uncle Roger lived next door, so he was over all the time,"

"Right. So how was it in that house when you were a kid?"

"It was fine. Why?"

"All good memories? Do you remember anything unusual? Something involving your father and your uncle maybe?"

Max shook his head "What do ya...why do you ask?"

"Just a question," Dean responded.

"No, there was nothing. We were totally normal. Happy,"