Bonus Chapter | Arabella & Regulus

July 10th, 1977~

It was a cloudy day in Ireland, as always. I've been out in the muggle town, shopping for some baby stuff while Kassandra buys groceries. I'm five months pregnant and on time-out from the war going on. It had happened by surprise, but now, Adrian and I were having a child. I'm in hiding, hoping that the Death Eaters won't find me. I had to cut my hair to my jaw and dye it blonde, just to make sure I wasn't recognizable.

I had bags in my hands and was on my way to the store to meet up with Kassandra. However, a loud 'POP!' and a pair of hands grabbing my shoulders stopped me. Turning around as quickly as I could, I swung at the person behind me, making contact with their face. My left hand was on my stomach, protecting my bump.

"Bloody hell, Roseore!! Calm down, it's me." the man said.

I watched as the man stood up, showing off his familiar face. He had pale skin, black hair, and familiar gray eyes.

"Black? What the hell are you doing here? Are you insane?!" I yelled at him.

He held his hands up in surrender, "Alright, alright, just...listen, please."

"Why should I? You're a Death Eater. For all I know you could be here for me and my baby."

Regulus Black turned up an eyebrow, looking at my stomach and seeing a very pregnant belly. His lips pressed into a thin line as his hands found his pockets.

"I guess I'll take that as a sign I no longer have a chance?" He teased me.

I frowned at him, "Hey, you're six years younger, of course you never had a chance."

Regulus teetered, "Look, I don't have anyone else to talk to. My parents are...you know, and Sirius and I haven't talked since he left, and Evan isn't exactly a good friend."

"You hated me when you came to Hogwarts. Hell, when I went to your family's events, I was always ostracized with my siblings, so why would I listen to you?"

Regulus looked down at his feet, bringing his hand up to wipe his nose as he sniffed. He looked back up at me, eyes red and tears brimming as he looked away from my judging eyes.

"I made a mistake. I thought—I thought being a Death Eater was what I wanted, but I got the dark mark and...I know I can't go back now," he took a deep shaky breath. "Please, I wouldn't come to you if it wasn't serious."

I frowned, moving some hair behind my ear. I looked around and saw a bench in a mostly empty park, sighing loudly.

"Come on, let's talk before my child pushes harder on my bladder. You'll have to help me though." I linked our arms.

Regulus helped me sit down, making sure I was comfortable before sitting down himself. I set both hands on my stomach, rubbing it gently as Regulus looked at me.

"Alright Black, tell me what's going on with you."

Regulus hesitated, "I joined, excited to and I was happy to get the mark. Now, I am not so sure I want to be part of this. He has been...odd, seeming to be experimenting to accomplish something, but no one but him knows what. I am not my brother, but I am not this either. I had no one else to talk to about this, but I just don't know what to do. I can't leave, they'll find me."

I felt my heart drop, never in my life had I seen Regulus Black show any kind of emotion. Maybe it was the hormones, or maybe the fact I was going to be a mother, but all I could think of was...he was a kid. He's just sixteen and he's dealing with all of this. Children shouldn't be soldiers or pressured to believe in the same thing as their parents.