Fourth year | Death & Divination

Your POV ~

Today was the second task, it was freezing outside and at the lake. Fun. Harry wasn't prepared at all, I had figured out his latest lie. There was no way I could help him without it being considered cheating. So I sat back and hoped that Hermione and Ron helped him find a solution.

"I don't like this." Millicent sighed, holding down her hat in the wind.

We got in the boats with Blaise and Draco. Getting there was the worst, I felt like my skin was going to turn blue. Draco tried to help by layering another scarf on me, but it did barely anything.

I saw Harry, he was looking around nervously with the other champions.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own." Dumbledore announced.

I saw Harry shove something into his mouth and start choking on it. I don't like where this is going.

"You may begin at the start of the cannon." The cannon fired and the champions entered the water.

I watched as the three dove in and Harry was pushed in. We watched nervously, not being able to see Harry at all.

"What if he's drowned?" Blaise asked.

Millicent hit Blaise on the arm, pointing out my worried expression becoming worse. Suddenly, we saw him come out of the water and dive back in after doing a flip.

"After this, you should go warm up in the common room." Draco whispered.

I nodded, after the Yule ball, things have been better between us. With everything going on this year, we've agreed to have a first date in the summer.

Fleur came back out because of the Grindylows, so she was already in last place. Then Cedric came up with Cho Chang. I wasn't too worried about him, Cedric prepared for this task, unlike someone I know.

Krum came up next with Hermione, placing second. Time was running out and Harry wasn't up yet.

"What if the Grindylows got him?"

I looked around, wondering if there was a way I could get in the water to help him. There was no way without it going unnoticed, either way they'd count it as interference.

Luckily, Harry launched himself out of the water after Ron and another girl surfaced.

"I'm going to kill him." I sighed.

Draco grinned, "I'd pay to see that."

I raised an eyebrow, "Then he wouldn't be the only one I'm killing."

Draco put his hands up in surrender, a smug smile appearing on his face, "Sure you want to kill me? Last time we were apart you looked like you couldn't live without me."

I blinked slowly, taking off his scarf and smacking him in the face with it as I gave it back. I left him there so I could go back inside the castle. In the Great hall the champions were being praised. I went up to Harry and he looked nervous seeing me.