Third year | Real feelings

Your POV ~

"Would anyone like to venture a guess... as to what is inside?" Professor Lupin asked.

DADA was always a class everybody looked forward to, but this lesson was on boggarts.

"That's a boggart, that is." Dean Thomas answered.

I was in the back with Draco as usual, he wasn't very interested in the lesson.

"Very good, Mr. Thomas. Now, can anybody tell me what a boggart looks like?"

"No one knows." Hermione answered abruptly.

"When did she get here?" Ron asked, astonished she showed up randomly again.

I decided to answer too, "Boggarts are shape-shifters. They take the shape of whatever a person fears the most. That's what makes them so..."

"So terrifying, yes, yes, yes..." Professor Lupin finished. "Luckily, a very simple charm exists to repel a boggart. Let's practice it now. Without wands, please."

We all stood there, watching carefully and making sure not to mishear Professor Lupin.

"After me. Riddikulus!"

"Riddikulus!" We all said the same thing, well...some of us.

"Very good. A little louder and very clear. Listen: Riddikulus!" Professor Lupin said again.

"Riddikulus!" We copied what he said.

"This class is ridiculous." Draco scoffed.

I rolled my eyes at his comment. Only once have I ever said anything bad about a class

"Do that anymore (Y/n) and they'll get stuck in the back of your head." he whispered.

I ignored him as usual, and paid attention to the class. We watched as kid after kid stood up to the boggart and used the charm. It stopped when we got to Harry, I was glad because I don't want everyone to see my fear. When we were told to go back to the classroom, I stayed behind and looked where the boggart was.

"Back to the classroom, Miss Riddle." Professor Lupin said.

I turned back to him, "Sorry sir, just curious."

He smiled, "Like your mother, but why would you be interested in a boggart? Don't know what you fear?"

I shook my head, "The opposite, I know what I fear, I just wonder how a boggart would take shape of it. It isn't a physical fear like spiders, clowns, or snakes. It's a feeling."

Professor Lupin looked intrigued, "I wonder too, but class is important right now."

I went back to the classroom and we continued the lesson there.
-

-

-

-
Time skip after Hogsmeade ~

"Aaron! What did you do to your hair?!" I shouted, shocked.

Aaron smiled, "I changed it, I was bored of my set hair color being black, so I changed it and got Leo to do my hair."