Third year | Tea Leaves Of Doom

Your POV ~

"We need to go!" Millicent put down her spoon, grabbing her bag.

"Why? Class doesn't start for a while." Blaise pouted.

Millicent crossed her arms, "We have divination first, let's go! I want to see what that class will be like!"

I shuddered, "Great, divination first."

Draco rolled his eyes, "It's a stupid class on a stupid subject. No one can tell the future!"

I cringed, being at camp taught me never to doubt the Oracle. Especially after finding out that my dreams are the future, I wish I could get away from it for a little.

"Let's get this over with at least." I sighed.

We all grabbed our bags, walking to the classroom together. We had Divination with the Gryffindors, well, two out of four of us did. Blaise decided to go with Ancient Runes And Draco chose Arithmancy.

When class started, the students who opted for Divination filed in, including Harry and Ron. Millicent and I sat at a table together near Ron and Harry.

"I'm surprised you chose Divination." I chuckled.

"Is that an insult?" Harry asked.

I shook my head, "No, just...you don't strike me as the type to learn about the divine."

We smiled at each other, Ron looked around the room, like someone was still missing from their table. Hermione told me she was taking a different class, so it must've been weird for them to be in a class without her.

"Welcome, my children. In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight," A woman who reminded me of how the old Oracle was described was talking. "Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future. This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

We each took the other's cup of tea leaves. I looked in Millicent's and couldn't really tell what I was looking at at all.

"What do you see? The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your mind. First, you must look beyond." She made a motion for the beyond.

I tried to not laugh, this was very extra for a class trying to convince kids they could tell their future through tea leaves.

"What a load of rubbish."

I turned and saw Hermione at the table with Harry and Ron.

"Where did you come from?"

"Me? I've been here all this time."

That was definitely a lie, I hadn't seen her there a few minutes ago, which means something was going on with her. Plus, Hermione definitely isn't the type to do Divination.

We looked at the tea leaves, trying to find shapes in each one and looking in the book to find the meaning. Looking in Millicent's tea cup, I immediately saw a symbol and knew the meaning.