First year | Classes and Chaos

~ Potions ~

Millicent and I had woken up early for the day, we rushed to get to breakfast. Peeves the poltergeist was our main worry, simply because if he pulled anything on either of us then Harley and I would get him back.

"Bloody hell, avoiding peeves is harder than it should be." I sighed, sitting next to Blaise.

"Why are you avoiding Peeves?" He asked.

"Long story, and I'm hungry." I grabbed some porridge.

As we were eating and talking about the classes we are excited for, I saw Malfoy walking to me.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" I sighed.

He shrugged, "Nothing, nothing, except to say I'd like to sit by you in the next class."

I looked at him, skeptical, "Why?"

He scoffed, "Do I need a reason?"

"Yes, because it's you. Now give me your reason." I crossed my arms.

He looked away, a smirk on his face, "What reason do I need to sit by a pretty girl?"

I furrowed my brows, "I know you're lying, but I'm going to let you because someone needs to keep an eye on you."

I signaled to Millicent and Blaise that we should get going to potions class. We grabbed our bags and made our way to the dungeons for potions class. We waited with everyone else for class to start when Professor Snape slammed the doors open.

"There will be no foolish wand waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to enjoy the subtle science and exact art that is potion making. However, for those select few," He looked in my direction. "Who possess the predisposition, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death."

I could hear the faint sound of a quill writing. I glanced and saw Potter writing, Snape saw Potter as well, writing this down, in his view, not paying attention.

"Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not...pay...attention." He snapped.

Granger nudged Harry in the ribs. He looked up and put away his quill quickly.

"Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" Granger's hand skyrockets.

"I don't know, sir," Potter said.

Snape's lip curled into a sneer, "Tut, tut—clearly fame isn't everything." He ignored Granger's hand.

"Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?" He asked again.

Once again Granger's hand shoots up as she stands up for this question.

"I don't know, Sir." He said quietly.

"Thought you wouldn't open a book before coming, eh, Potter?" Snape asked.