End of Sixth Year

Draco's POV ~

I laid awake, the hospital wing wasn't very comfy. Tonight was the night anyway.
Getting out of bed, I put my clothes on and walked to the room of requirements. The cabinet was ready, and I knew it was ready when the door handle turned.

My Aunt Bellatrix and other death eaters came out. She looked at me with a grin on her face.

"Where's your girlfriend? You know the dark lord wants her too."

I took my wand out, "She'll come, she knows when I'm in trouble. Like a puppy on a leash, she always comes back."

We walked to the astronomy tower. I thought I heard Dumbledore talking to someone so I ran up immediately.

"Good evening, Draco. What brings you here on this fine spring evening?" He asked calmly.

I looked around, trying to find the person he was talking to, "Who else is here? I heard you talking."

"I often talk aloud to myself. I find it extraordinarily useful. Have you always been to yourself, Draco? Draco, you are no assassin."

He was right, this was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I have to do it.

"How do you know what I am? I've done things that would shock you."

"Oh, like cursing Katie Bell and hoping that in return she would bear a cursed necklace to me? Like replacing a bottle of mead with one lace with poison. Forgive me, Draco, I cannot help feel these actions are so weak that your... heart can't really have been in."

He doesn't get it, no one gets it, "He trusts me. I was chosen."

I pulled my sleeve up, showing him the dark mark. It was forced upon me, and I had been proud to have it before knowing what this really meant for me.

"I shall make it easy for you." He raised his hands up, his wand in his right.

"Expelliarmus!" The wand flew out of his hand.

"Very good. Very good," the sound of the door opening turned our attention. "You're not alone. There are others. How?"

"The Vanishing Cabinet in the Room of Requirement. I've been mending it." I answered, keeping my wand pointing at him.

"Let me guess, it has a sister." Dumbledore said.

He was being suspiciously calm for someone who was about to die at the hands of a student.

"A twin. In Borgin and Burkes. They form a passage."

"Ingenious. Draco, years ago, I knew a boy who made all the wrong choices. Please let me help you." He said calmly.

He didn't understand, if I didn't then I wouldn't be the only one who would die.

"I don't want your help. Don't you understand? I have to do this. I have to kill you. Or he's gonna kill me." I didn't want my voice to shake, but it did.

The door opened and I saw (Y/n) be dragged in by her shirt. Aunt Bellatrix was the one who dragged her to the astronomy tower. She looked feral, like she was waiting for just the right time to snap my aunt's hand off. For a second, I felt relief, then I felt dread for what would have to come next.