Sixth year | The Slug Club

Your POV ~

Draco's cold fingers latched the necklace around my neck. He's been staying in our dorm when Millicent is gone. Blaise covers for us most of the time and I try to help him through his mission. Tonight however, I'd be gone for an hour or two for Slughorn's dinner party.

"Is this too much?" I looked at myself in the mirror.

I was wearing a black turtleneck, plaid skirt, and Draco's jacket. I wore black oxfords with it.
The necklace Draco put on me was his family's, it was a beautiful emerald necklace. He insisted it would look good with my ring.

"You look absolutely stunning. If I could, I'd go with you, show that you're mine."

I rolled my eyes, "You did that already, hence why I'm wearing a turtleneck."

I brought down the turtleneck to show the hickeys he left along my neck. He smiled in amusement at his work. I had smacked him around when I woke up to see it.

"What did you expect? I literally did that while you were asleep, but you didn't wake once!" He laughed.

I blushed, "In my defense, I thought it was just...a very graphic dream."

"Mm, it's called a sex dream, darling. Trust me, those soft noises you made, they won't be forgotten." He grinned.

I frowned, hitting him on the chest lightly, "I'm going now, behave."

I left and went to the common room. There I saw Blaise, we walked together to where the dinner party was being held. He was cleanly dressed and we were soon joined by other members of the so called "club". Hermione arrived with Harry and we all took our seats. Blaise and I sat together, looking around the table awkwardly.

"So tell me, Cormac, do you see anything of your uncle Tiberius these days?" Slughorn asked.

I was glad he did, because the silence was too much for me.

"Yes, sir, in fact I'm meant to get hunting with him and the Minister of Magic over the holidays."

Never thought I'd be happy to hear Cormac speak. Hermione seemed to be uncomfortable. I would've teased her, but this wasn't the time or setting to do so.

"Oh, well, be sure to give them both my best. And what about your uncle, Belby? For those of you who don't know well, Marcus' uncle invented the Wolfsbane Potion. Is he working on anything new?"

"I don't know. He and my dad don't get along. 'Prolly cause my dad says potions are rubbish. His only potion worth having is a stiff one at the end of the day."

I looked at Blaise, he was trying hard not to yawn. I stifled a laugh and tried hard to compose myself. Harry and I made eye contact, and that really got me to stop laughing.

"And what about you, Ms. Granger, what exactly does your family do in the Muggle world?"

"My parents are dentists. They tend to people's teeth."

I shifted awkwardly, Blaise raising his eyebrows up. We're not mean people, but sometimes it comes off that way. We were just feeling awkward from the reactions.