Heart Attack {Dove Cameron)

For the record, by no means will there be anyone having an actual heart attack in this imagine. This imagine is merely based off of Demi Lovato's song Heart Attack and is dedicated to:

Aft0nzWife

Hi, sweetheart! I've finally had the energy to write and publish any requested imagines. I hope this is close enough to what you wanted and I hope you enjoy!

-----------

"The title is just about falling in love and taking that risk. But, she's terrified and, by 'she,' I mean me. But, I think everyone comes to a point where they feel very vulnerable in falling in love and that's what I'm talking about."

-Demi Lovato via MTV 2013

-----------

After a string of disastrous relationships, you've given up trying to discover the best for yourself.

Girls have damaged you to the point where you felt that if you continued to try to be happy in a relationship, it would only get worse. So, you've simply stopped caring.

You've developed into one of the biggest players in the school, if not the entire town. In any case, being labeled as a "player" isn't exactly a compliment. Your school and community, after all, are both enormous.

You ended up distracting yourself with sex and drugs, never truly thinking about the consequences. The girls you were using didn't seem to mind either, though some of them thought you were a little too dramatic.

"You're a girl in college. None of us are really in love yet. Your ex couldn't have hurt you that bad."

Well, she did. And you swear you'll never talk about it again. You don't want to have to relive the memory. You'd rather forget about it all, and there's only one way to achieve that.

MOVING ON.

Of course, you're not going to do it. Even your friends' encouragement won't get you any further. They simply want you to pursue your true desires. You, on the other hand, do not believe you should.

Dove Cameron. That's her name.

Since your freshman year of high school, you've had a crush on her.
It's now your senior year of college.

Yes, you've had the opportunity to chat with her. You've spent more time near her than you have away from her. But every time you tried to communicate with her, something went wrong.

During a tenth-grade group project, the two of you were assigned to the same group. Except for you and her, no one was really focused on getting anything done.

She thought you were intelligent, which you are, and she wanted to talk to you more. Whether it was to be study buddies, friends, or something more. You never truly allowed it to happen.

You were too preoccupied with the thought of embarrassing yourself in front of her because of your crush on her, despite your best efforts to deny it. Too afraid that you're actually falling for her.

Your friends and any intelligent people nearby could sense how much of a crush you had on Dove for the past seven years. But, of course, you both had never had more than a "hi, bye" conversation. You couldn't do it.