Bad Day? {China Anne McClain}

You were woken up from your nap by the door slamming and someone falling on top of you. You did not appreciate it. You shot up with a angry expression, which softened after you seen who was there.

"China? You're here early. What's wrong baby?" You ask.

She mumbled something into your chest that you didn't quite understand.

"What did you say?" You ask.

She sits up, laying right back down after she says: "Today was a terrible day."

"Sit up." You say as you sit up. She groans.

She slowly and tiredly sits up, laying on your shoulder.

"What happened today?" You ask.

"Well, Jordan tracked me down at work, saying something about wanting me back. I spilled my coffee onto the director's computer, My shoe broke, a random donkey came out of nowhere and ate my sandwich, and I got rained on." She said sadly.

Your eyes widen. She looks at you and starts to tear up. "Oh, they also fired me."

Your eyes get wider than you thought they could. Your shock was replaced by sadness. "Chi...baby I'm so so sorry."

She started to sob Into your shoulder. You really had no idea what to do or say.

The two of you sat in silence for awhile until something to say came in mind.

"I don't know if you noticed, but the cast and crew were harsh anyways. You didn't need to be surrounded by all of that bad energy. You're talented and you'll find something else for you. I promise."

She lets out a sad smile. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome." You reply.

There was a bit more silence until China said something you didn't expect:

"I love you. A lot."

It took you a few seconds to respond, but you eventually said:

"I love you too. A lot."

"Do you know why you love me?" She asks with puppy eyes.

You chuckle a bit. "Of course I do."

"Really? Well don't tell me. I want to tell you why I love you."

You playfully throw your hands up in surrender.

"I love you for many reasons. The main one being that you're always here for me. You're always here to reassure me that everything will be alright. You always believe in me when no one else does. You're always so positive (even when there's little to no hope)."

You smile and shake your head. "Can I tell you why I love you now?"

"Nope." She says.

You pout a bit. "Why not?"

"Because, I read your diary."

"You what?!"

"Hush. You love me."

You huff in annoyance and walk to the bathroom, turning on the water.

You watched as the rose petals you put in there earlier, slowly rose to the top.

"I'm sorry, come back!" China yelled.

"No!" You yelled back. "You come here!"

She slowly walks into the bathroom to see what you did. One of the surprisingly positive cast members on the set China was working on had already told you about what happened to her at work, so you wanted to do something special.

 One of the surprisingly positive cast members on the set China was working on had already told you about what happened to her at work, so you wanted to do something special

"Is this all for me?" She asks in disbelief.

"Well, yeah." You state in a tone that's basically saying "obviously." "Who was it supposed to be for? Me?"

"Well yeah." She says while mocking you. "Don't think I haven't noticed you treating yourself when I'm not here."

You playfully roll your eyes. "Shut up and get in."

"Gladly."

After she strips and you help her into the bathtub, you turn around to leave.

"Wait!" She yells. You turn, facing her. "Aren't you coming in with me?"

"You want me to?"

"Yes! Come here!"