I just don't see you in that way...{Brenna D'Amico}

Well, let's get right into it. I'm gonna tell you how I met Brenna in the first place and how I got into this situation.

*flashback 1 year ago*

I happily danced around my living room while listening to disney theme songs.

The "I didn't do it" theme song was currently on, and I couldn't be any happier. Or so I thought?

As the song changed to "Wicked World", I got a phone call and a knock on the door.

I angrily paused the music and answered my phone, mumbling a quick "please hold on" to whoever was on the other line.

As I opened the door, the person on the phone started speaking, along with the person at the door.

"Hey! I'm Brenna D'amico. I play Jane on the Descendants franchise."

I squeal and drop my phone, hugging her just like Dizzy did the the kings guards in the last scene of D2.

Brenna looked at me and smiled. "Well, I'm guessing that I gave away the fact that you got the part?"

I pulled away, smiling harder and tearing up.

"Seriously?"

Brenna nods. "Congratulations my love."

"Thank you!" I say while squealing.

She opens her arms and I hug her again.

I then realize that she's still standing outside.

"Would you like to come in?"

"Actually, I have to be somewhere. I just wanted to come here and notify you that you got the part."

"You actually wanted to?"

"Yeah." She says, smiling. "I wanted to try something new. And I'm glad I did. The look on your face was absolutely adorable."

You look away and smile, successfully holding in the blush you felt coming.

"Well, I'll see you in two weeks!" Brenna says before walking back to the car she came in, leaving you excited and teary eyed.

*flashback over*

Well, 2 weeks after that, my seat on the flight to Vancouver just so happened to be next to Brenna. We bonded quickly and became the best of friends. And of course, some time within the last year, I fell in love with her.

Today, I was going to tell her. Everyone knew that I was into her, but she was completely oblivious.

That's alright though. She'll know as soon as I tell her. I just hope she'll feel the same.

To tell her, I decided to ask her if she wanted to go out somewhere. Not on a date or anything, but just to hang out.

She chose to go to the skating rink, and I agreed. Who doesn't like the skating rink?

You know what? That was a rhetorical question. Don't answer that.

*at the skating rink (3rd person POV)*

"Bren, you can hold onto me if you need to." You say to Brenna as she almost falls over for the 3rd time in 2 minutes.

She nods, immediately grabbing onto your arm. Well, that was a mistake. She ends up falling again, and you fall right on top of her.

"Oh shit. I'm s-" You get cut off by Brenna cupping your cheeks.

The two of you look into each other's eyes longer, starting to lean in, before one of the employees walk over to help you up.

This left things awkward and silent between you and Brenna. You didn't mind though. You were just thinking about what had happened a few seconds ago.

Soon enough, you guys were on your way out of the skating rink. You mentally cursed yourself for not telling Brenna you loved her, but decided to wait a few minutes anyways.

You soon pulled into Brenna's driveway, grabbing her hand as she attempted to leave the car.

"Bren, there's something I want to tell you."

"Is everything ok?"

"Well, kind of."

"So what's up?"

"I think I'm in love with you."

"In love with me?"

"I am so in love with you. For so many reasons. But I just want to know if you feel the same way?"

Brenna squirms for a little bit before hesitantly saying: "I have to go."

She gets out of your grip and walks to her door.

"Did I say something wrong?" You ask, getting out of your car and keeping your distance from Brenna.

"I'm sorry Y/n. I just don't see you in that way."

And with that, you were left with a saddened and dumbfounded expression.