Not the same {Gabe Duncan}

You're dating Gabe Duncan. You have been for a while. His family loves you! Especially Toby. You and Toby get along pretty well. You always play With him, give him piggy back rides, read to him, take him to the park. And that Gives Mr and Mrs Duncan a break, which is why they love you.

Pj loves how you try to encourage him to be the best he can be, and he loves how you are willing to cook with him if no one else is.

And then, there's  teddy. Teddy- Well, Maybe "his family loves you!" isn't entirely true.

You are the younger cousin of Spencer Walsh. Spencer wasn't Teddy's favorite. After the cheating scandal, Teddy never wanted to see Spencer or another Walsh again.

Teddy assumed all of you were the same. Liars and cheaters. She didn't want you hurting her little brother, so she never really accepted you.

You had been trying for months to convince Teddy that you were nothing like her ex boyfriend.
But she never wanted a piece of your time. She avoided you for the most part.

And today, you were fed up. You and Gabe both were going to help her see that you're not a two timing bitch like your older cousin.

Gabe came up with a plan.

Well, a plan that technically wasn't false. It wasn't supposed to be as realistic as the two of you planned it out to be.

"Teddy." He complained on the phone. "I fell down the stairs at Y/n's house, and now I need you to come get me because I'm in pain."

"Any adults around?" Teddy asked.

"No, Just Y/n." Gabe told her. "She helped me as much as she could."

"Oh please." Teddy said. "I'm sure she's the cause of this. You probably walked upstairs, seen her with another boy, and then went flying."

"She isn't like Spencer, Teddy." Gabe told her.

"Sure." Teddy replied. "What did she do to help you?"

"Well, I cut my leg up when I fell. So she cleaned it with alcohol." Gabe admitted.

"Anyone could do that." Teddy said nonchalantly.

"She also gave me a kiss on the forehead, helped me get to the couch, got me an ice pack, and a chocolate banana smoothie."

"That's sweet, but why is she babying you?" Teddy scoffed.

"To be nice." Gabe shrugged. "I had a minor concussion."

"My god, Gabe." Teddy sighed. "I'm on my way."

"Do you like Y/n yet?" Gabe asked before Teddy hung up.

"I'll think about it."

Once Teddy reached your house, she immediately picked Gabe up and took him to her car.

She didn't say anything to you, and you didn't think she would. So, you got ready to close the door.

"Y/n!" Teddy exclaimed. "Wait.."

You stepped outside slightly , still holding the door open.

"Yes?" You questioned.

"Thanks for helping Gabe today." She smiled. And for once it seemed genuine.

You smiled back. "No problem. Anything for Gabe."

"You don't seem so bad..." Teddy admitted. "I just didn't want you to do Gabe how your cousin did me."

"Oh heck no." You scoffed. "In no way am I like that. And If I ever am? You have the right to kill me."

"I'd never go that far." Teddy laughed. "You might end up with a missing finger tho."

You shrugged. "I respect that."

She smiled. "I hope to be seeing more of you making my brother happy."

"We've been trying to show you that for 8 months now." You admitted. "You never gave us the chance."

"I swear I'm different this time." She promised. "I just have to learn to see what they see."

"That kind of hurted me though, not gonna lie." You chuckled. "But thank you for giving me a chance."

She nodded, stood there awkwardly for a second, and then walked away.

"Okay, have a nice night!" You yelled.

She gave you a thumbs up, and then drove away.

You shrugged and went into the house. "Well, I tried."