To The Lighthouse

~ This takes place in high school and Mads is your classmate. (so you're about the same age)

~ Y/N has a pet in this one, cat to be precise. If you're a dog person I'll have something for you too later. :*

~ AU

~ C/N = cat name
~ Y/H/C = hair color
_______________________________________

Your PoV

You sighed as you unpacked another box of your stuff. One day you live a life of an average American girl, and the other you're sorting it and packing it into cardboard boxes.
This was a big change since you lived in the city your whole life. This was just a small town with only two high schools so there wasn't much to choose from.

Your cat C/N loves it here already. Plenty of space to roam around and explore.
C/N was an outdoor cat and rather independent and curious. As hard as you tried to keep him inside where he was safe and sound, he always snuck out and brought back dead birds, mice, or some other small wildlife.
He was gone already, off to an adventure.

You wished you could've been as content as him. The fear of making a bad first impression on your new classmates didn't let you at peace.
Tomorrow is the day.
I have to get a good night's sleep if not anything.
But you ended up trashing around the bed for a while before you fell asleep.

The next morning you woke up to hungry C/N sitting on you and meowing loudly.
You gave him some food and then you got dressed, letting your Y/H/C falling on your shoulders freely.

The outfit

Autumn just began which meant pretty cold temperatures here

Your parents were already at work. You still didn't understand why they insisted to move that quickly and here
of all the places. The move didn't avoid trouble, that's why you didn't start school as everyone but almost a month in the school year, it was your last year, finally.

You ate an apple and got on your way. You biked to school almost every day back at home. Here your morning bike was even shorter than it used to.

The school was beginning to cram with other students. You took a deep breath and locked your bike in a free spot. As it turned out, most of the kids didn't have a car. What a nice change.
Your parents bragged about how change is good and how this will be an enjoyable experience.
So far, everything was just the same.
You made your way through the crowded hallway to the office. The lady behind the desk looked up and smiled heartily.
"What can I do for you, my dear?"
"Hi, I'm Y/N Y/L/N, I came to pick up my schedule and the...um list of recommended books..."
Her smile grew even wider.
"Of course honey." She turned around and moved around the small space, bringing everything to the front desk, forming a pile of papers, textbooks, and all the other things necessary.

"That's all honey, here you have your schedule, as you see you start today with Bio in 025, I added a plan of the school just in case you got lost." She was quickly moving through the pile. "These books are provided by the school but there is a bunch that you need to get."
"Thank you so much." You said picking up everything.
"You're welcome, dear. Have a nice day- ooh and don't forget to tell me how it went." She winked at you.
You just smiled and went on to look for the said classroom.