His

Per one of my lovely reader's requests: Jean LeChiffre

Casino Royale AU

- James is your boyfriend, right before the game you cheated on him (with LeChiffre) and it cost him everything

- after LeChiffre did the thingy with the rope James had some problems in that area and your guilt makes you stay with him
but he just cannot satisfy you... what to do?

___________________________________________

Your PoV

You stood on the street outside London's most famous restaurant, waiting for your boyfriend to come. The evening was warm as you hoped since you wore one of your lighter dresses.

You and James had a past that could be described with many words. Rough. Scary. Unresolved. With him being a secret agent, you two had quite the experience. After an unsuccessful mission, he was severely injured and scared. 

When he turned to alcohol for comfort, it was the last straw for you.

You often reminisced why hadn't you broken up with him sooner. Even before the accident you no longer had feelings for him but the sympathy for his ruined life made you stay. He wouldn't have allowed it, he wouldn't let you go.  

He retired however, he and his connections in the utmost circle of society bound you to him. Not only that, but the immense guilt of it all ate you up every day.

I made my bed, and now I need to lie in it. You thought to yourself as you sighed, looking at the time again.

Fear began to wash over you. Something could've happened to him, he could fall from the stairs drunk.

You looked around, panicking. You didn't see him anywhere in the crowd. That was when your phone buzzed.

Quickly you unlocked it, only to see a message from one person you wish you could forget.

"You look like the most beautiful angel tonight. - Jean"

Jean LeChiffre.

He was the reason for James's downfall and yours as well. But this wasn't the time for dwelling on your short relationship with him.

And as you were about to reply-

"Y/N! I'm so sorry. You know how the traffic gets." Said James, suddenly appearing behind you. 

"No worries." You chimed, trying to sound as joyful as you could.

He placed a kiss on your cheek. He reeked of booze and...cheap perfume. You wanted to vomit at the thought of him putting his hands on you. But instead, you smiled and followed him inside.

You sat at the bar, while he went to get your table. It seemed like he and the waiter had a heated discussion about that matter.

"God, I'm so sorry Y/N, but they gave our table to someone else because since we got here later. Don't be mad."

"Oh, well, what can you do, right?" You smiled again and got up, making your way outside.

He ran after you as you stood on the street.

"We can go somewhere else?" He prompted but you were in no mood for his lousy excuses.

"I don't feel quite well, I'll probably just head home." 

"Yeah, whatever." He rolled his eyes at you like you were giving him a scolding. He vanished from your sight as quickly as he appeared.

"You know, I would never make you wait anywhere. We would have the whole restaurant to ourselves. - Jean"