To The Lighthouse 3

!TW! Imply of murder and physical abuse on a minor.

_______________________________________

Your PoV

You stared at Mads with immense anticipation.
You sighed. "You don't tell." You started to get tired of all of this mystery talk.
"I know I'll sound like a lunatic but... it's true or...well more like that it's real."
You couldn't quite put a finger on what he meant by...any of it.
However, you waited for him to elaborate on it.
"Umm...what I'm trying to say is that when I said that Jade is different from them I meant that she isn't a human..."

"That would mean that you're also not a human." You suggested trying not to laugh.
"Yes." He mumbled.
"Yeah...alright."
"She is a witch and-" You cut him off.
"A witch. Hmm...I get it now." You said angrily as ever as you ran to the door opening them and gesturing to him, "after you."
"What?" He seemed confused.
"I think- I want you to go." You said calmer now.
The rain began to play its symphony.

"No." He didn't even flinch.
"My friend's safety is at risk and you're talking about witches and...and supernatural stuff!"
You noticed a glimpse of surrender in his eyes.
Slowly he took his jacket and headed out the door but just as he was passing you he gently caressed your cheek.
"I'll be back." He stole his last kiss. And disappeared into the gloomy day.

You couldn't think about school so you decided to go for a run.
As you jogged on the hard tar road you took a glance at a path leading to the dark forest.
You heard a scream coming from the depths of the green sea.
Without a doubt, you took a detour following the sound of horror. The woods became more and more crowded with trees. You stumbled across big and small rocks covered in moss.
Reaching a meadow hidden in the tree maze, you witnessed a horrible scene.
The open space held a single cherry tree. Once you were close enough you recognized that someone was laying under it.
Nearing with every step you let out a scream.
Jade.
She laid there motionlessly with eyes wide open in terror. You took a step back receding from the body.
Startled you searched for your phone.
"Hello?!" You blurred out.
"Can you hear me?" No one answered at the end of the line.
The deafening silence of the meadow surrounded you tightly leaving you no space, no air for breathing.
"Hello?! Please! My friend!"
You looked at the screen of your phone. No signal.
"I'm gonna get help, Jade."

You sprinted back, on the same path as you approached the grassy glade.
You had to trip over the wandering root because as close to the road you thought you were, the more unfamiliar your surroundings became.
No. No-no-no. Please don't let me be lost. Damn it.
You tried to call someone once again but your phone didn't seem to communicate.
"Shit. This can happen only to me!" You shouted thinking you were alone. But soon after you heard a twig snap behind you.
You turned around but didn't see anything.
"Well, well, well who do we have here." Said a deep voice.

"Who said that?"
"Does It matter?" Said the voice again.
"I guess it does. You- you did that to Jade?"
"No."
"We need to get help." You spun in a circle trying to see who was speaking to you.
"No one can help her."
"Who did it?"
"That I don't know."
"How do I get back?" You said.
You tried following the voice but it didn't say anything.
"Do you hear me? How do I get back?!"
As you made your way through pushing the branches out of your face.
"Please-"
Just as you were about to plead once more but then the wall of wood broke down and you fell on something hard.
Getting up you not only noticed that both of your knees were cut.

Your phone finally responded.
Dialing 911 someone snatched your phone out of your hands.
"Don't do it."
"Mads? Please I...um in the woods there's-"
"I already called the police. They didn't care."
"That's impossible..."
"We need to go."
"I can't leave her."
He picked you up and before you knew it you stood right in front of the cherry tree. The blossoms were lightly carried by the cold breeze.
Now it seemed so peaceful. The scene like from horror was gone.
"But- but I know what I saw."
"The forest took care of it already."
You looked at him, puzzled.
"The voice you heard, when you got lost."
"This is insane."
Suddenly everything started spinning and then, black.

You blinked as your eyes adjusted to the bold light. You tried to sit up but pain shot through your body.
"Hold your horses." Said Mads rushing to your side to help you lay back down.
You didn't know if you should be mad at him or not. He did save you...again but if he knew that you were talking to the forest he could've spared you this emotional distress and just led you out of the woods. Plus he did know about poor Jade and then still made suffer from the shock.
If he wanted to give a lesson he for sure succeeded.
But in the end, there was nothing honorable about him bravely coming to help you home and saving you a fine for a false report since the forest 'took care of it'.
In this whole mess, one thing was for certain, you were not by any means ready for this magical shit.

"Don't say anything. I'm still mad at you." You broke the silence.
"Why would that be?" He asked smirking.
"For all of this...but I guess it's also my fault..." You whispered, "since I kicked you out this morning when you tried to...explain everything..."
"It's okay."
"Was she truly a witch?"
"Yes, the thing is, the forest has this strong energy, it attracts many  extraordinary people since the barrier between the other side is thinner than you think."
"Are you also some kind of sorcerer?"
"No...Im not." He said in between soft chuckles.
"What I am though may seem even more unreal to you. But I assure you, that this is not just a cliché from a questionable romance."
He paused dramatically, building up the suspense as you waited patiently yet with a slight fear of the unknown. You wanted to know the truth.
"I'm a vampire."

Oh, blissful ignorance!