1 - Another Regular Day

Y/N Pov:

I wake up hearing banging on the door and a voice shouting;

"Y/N WAKE UP ITS TIME FOR SCHOOL."

I feel sick knowing it'll just be another horrible school day, but it'll be worse cause it's my first day back.
I was suspended for a few days because I got into a fight. The boy I fought deserved it. He kept insulting me for being in an orphanage, so I beat him up. I just did what any person in that situation would do. Sadly, the school and orphanage didn't agree.

I woke up still half asleep and walked down the hall to the bathroom for my shower. I was in the shower alone with my thoughts, when roughly 20 minutes later, I heard knocking on the door.

"Hurry up, y/n, you're going to be late." I heard a voice say. It was Jack. One of the nicer workers here. I like Jack. He always seemed like he genuinely cared about everyone and how everyone was doing with their mental health.

"Okay, I'll be 2 minutes." I said back. I got out of the shower, got dressed in my horrible school uniform, went to my room, and grabbed my bag. I put it all my school books and my comfy grey Mckenzie hoodie. It was a gift from my sister before I got taken into foster care. I took it everywhere with me. I got my phone from Sam, (one of the other workers, he'd taken it off me after I got suspended) grabbed a bit of toast, shouted bye to everyone, got my bike and ran out the door.

I usually biked to school. It wasn't far,  but I always drag it out and go the long way, so I'm late. I biked past the park, stopped for a minute, and contemplated skiving first period but decided against it. It's not worth the shit I would get into. I go put my bike in the bikeshed and speedwalk to class, just making before the bell.

I sit in class. Half listening to the teacher droning on half passing notes to my friends. It's maths, which is usually ok cause I have friends in that class.We start writing having to do equations out of a textbook. It's shit.

The bell goes, and I head to my next class. Art. I enjoy art even though I don't have any friends in the class. I sit drawing and listening to music. It's one of the only classes where I get peace and quiet. The bell went. I was kinda sad that the class was over but happy it was break.

I spedwalked out to the rocks to meet my friends in an attempt to avoid Schlatt (the boy i beat up)  some day's,  I was successful. Other days, I wasn't. Today, thankfully, I was successful.

"Heyyy y/n!!" I heard Alex, my best friend, shout. I smiled and walked over, returning the same energy.

"Heyyy Alex, how are you?"

"I'm alright. I got chucked out of French, though, because I wouldn't take my beanie off."

"Damn. You have Mr Carter, don't you?"

"Yeah."

"He's a dickhead just fucking ignore him."

I pulled a can of Red Bull out my bag and our 2 other friends Sapnap and George came over.

"Heyyyyyyy!!" Me and Alex shouted across to them.

"Heyyyy!" They replied back.

"How does it feel to be back y/n?" George asked.

"It's weird, but it's nice to be away from the orphanage." I reply back.

"Look, I got a new lighter." Sapnap says, showing it to us. It was in the shape of a flame, and if you pulled the top bit down, the light would appear. Sapnap didn't smoke or do any harm with the lighters. He just liked collecting all the different ones.

"It's poggers!!" Me and Alex said at the same time.

"Hey, do any of you want to skive next class?" I asked everyone. My next class was English and I hated it. Schlatt sat behind me and was always winding me up, which caused me to walk out of the class on more than one occasion, which gets me in shit in school and the orphanage.
Everyone looked at me debating. I could see the cogs in their minds thinking about what they had next and if they would want to skive or not.

"I want to, but my mum would literally murder me if she found out."
George said almost instantly. George's mum was hella strict. Whenever we all go out together as a group, he always has to be in at half 8?? Like wtf.

"Yeah, she probably would, haha." I nodded in agreement.

"Anyone else up for it?" I asked, checking the time realising there's only 5 minutes left of break.

"I have history next," Sapnap said. "If I skive one more class, I'm going to be suspended apperently."

"That sucks bro."
I said. I turned to Alex.
As soon I turned to him, he said

"Sure bro but we have to hurry. There are only 2 mins left."

"Both of you have fun. I'll see you later and try not to get caught."

George said with a smile.

"Cya dude." Me and Alex said at the same time.

We started running down the school carpark, up the steps. Through the French department and then all the way down the English corridor before anyone could see us. We ran out the door at the other end and then we went past the canteen and across the front car park to the park before anyone saw us.

Word Count: 914
A/N: Sorry, this chapter is short. This book is currently under editing so, yeah but thank you guys for reading:)