28 - Sorting things out

TW // Mention of Suicide and Abuse

I got in the door. Everyone was sitting in the living room watching something on the TV.

"Hey guys I'm back."

"Hey y/n. Did you have a good day?"

"Yeah it was ok thanks Wilbur."

Techno gave me a glare from the living room as I went upstairs to dump my bag.

I dumped my bag and was getting my stuff ready for tommorow when Phil was standing at my door.

"Did Jack phone you back?" I asked as soon as I saw Phil.

"Yeah he did. He said you'll need to speak to Karen at some point and she'll need to speak to Jordan. He never said anymore than that."

"Oh for fuck sakeeeee!"

"Why what's wrong with Karen?"

"What isn't wrong with her that's more the question. She's just a complete cunt. She took me away from my mam kicking and screaming. It was when my mam was just getting better as well." I put my head in my hands.

Phil came in and sat beside me.

"You know she only would've done it because she thought that was what best for you at that time. If she believed you were safe she wouldn't have taken you."

"But I was safe. I was safe Phil."

"You wasn't y/n. You probably couldn't see it at the time and still may not be able to see it now but you really wasn't safe with your mum."

Phil didn't know much about y/n and their family but he knew enough to know that y/n wouldn't be half the person they were today if it wasn't for the fact they got taken into foster care. They would've been destroyed. Possibly not even here anymore.

"Like I'm glad I ended up here and all that shit and Jack was always reasonable at the orphanage but like why me going through all this shit? Why me having to watch my mam rip her hair out saying she wants to kill herself? Why me getting beat until I couldn't move? Why me always being degraded, fought, picked on for no reason? Why me Phil? What did I do to deserve it all?"

I put my knees up and buried my head into them. Shit.

No ones POV
Phil's heart broke. No kid should go through shit y/n went through.

"Y/n. Look at me."

Y/n looked up.

"It's not your fault them things happened to you and its not your fault people are arseholes. You are a good kid and don't you DARE let anyone say otherwise. You're good enough, you do everything the best you can, you get up everyday and face the world carrying everything you've been through ontop of that. If that's not good enough for anyone then they can get fucked."

"But I'm not a good kid Phil. I'm an arsehole. I have been here just under 2 months and in that short amount of time I fucked it up at St Pauls, put you guys through so much uneccerssary stress, I've ran away, I've fucked it with Techno. I'm surprised I've lasted this long with yous and I'm surprised you haven't lost your patience with me yet."

"Woah mate take a breath. I'd never chuck you out and I'm used to being patient with the boys so there's no reason I wouldn't be with you. You're working on yourself now. Your grades have went up. You aren't skiving that much anymore. The Techno thing can easily be solved through talking and St Paul's well that's over and done with now there's nothing anyone can do. I know if you have stayed there though you're mental health would've rapidly declined so I'm happy you made the decision to go back to ahs. The running away that's done now. I understand why you did it and I'm happy that you chose to come back. You aren't a bad kid y/n. You just need to find your potential and use it best you can."

"But Phil-"

"No buts y/n. You ARE a good person and shouldn't let anyone tell you otherwise."

"No ones ever said that to me before." Y/n told Phil. Genuinely. They'd never heard anything like that from anyone before. Everyone just saw them as a fuck up. Even Jack and Sam didn't have much hope for them even though both of them never admitted it.

Y/n looked up at Phil.

"Well people should say it more often because it's damn well true."

Y/n put their arm out for a hug from Phil. Phil accepted and hugged them back.

"See the thing with Techno?"

"Yeah."

"How will we do that? I don't think he wants anything to do with me. I can't say I blame him but it's going to take alot of convincing."

"Well I can shout him up just now if you want? I'll be here so he won't do anything."

"Ok I guess."

Phil walked to the top of the stairs.

"Techno can you come up here a sec!?" Phil shouted down at him. There was murmuring coming from the living room and Techno ran up the stairs to greet his father.

"Yes Dad?"

"Come with me."

Phil led Techno into y/n's room.

"Ugh. Why here? I don't want to talk to them." Techno complained giving me a dirty look.

"We are sorting it out Techno. This has went way too far already. It isn't going on any longer."

"Fine." Techno sat down on my beanbag.

"Y/n. Anything you want to say?" Phil prompting y/n to tell Techno everything.

"Yes. You've been a dick to me for no reason Techno. You're still pissed at me because it's YOUR fault you got excluded. Ever since then you've just been an uneccerssary an arsehole. I get I've not been the best person either and I accept full responsibility, I'm working on myself I really am but it can't keep going on how it has been."

"You've not exactly been the best either. You were fine when you first came but now you're just more of an arsehole. I would never expected it from you to go plan a whole food fight. Yeah ok I have been an arse. I apologise for it. I'll make a deal. We both stop being arseholes. "

Techno reached out his hand for me to shake it.

"Deal." I shook his hand.

"Well now that its sorted let's go make some dinner!" Phil said to both of us. He looked happy we'd sorted it.

We went downstairs. Phil made dinner. Everything turned out fine. Me and Techno were speaking normally. Phew.

A/n: yeah this chapter is kinda shit as well. Slow updates because I go back to school properly tommorow but I'll do the best I can :)