31 - Phils Background

So. You may be wondering why Phil didn't go off his head at his kids. Well the thing is Phil was exactly the same when he was 16. Except he was alot worse. He would go drinking with his "friends". Pretty much every week. At school.

He didn't want to at first. But he wasn't give much of a choice.

Everyone was constantly calling him a wimp and a teachers pet because he was scared to step out of line. One day he got sick of all the bullying and decided to skive class with "the popular people." They went down into this woods not far from the school. A prime place for skiving. They would almost 99.9% get caught there. Phil knew this and he was internally thinking of a backup plan incase he needed a quick getaway. He knew that the people were luring him in to get him in trouble but he wanted to prove a point.

He went there with the popular folk and everything was fine. Until about 20 minutes in where once of the boys (Mike) brought a bottle of vodka and plastic shot glasses out of his bag.

"Here. If you really aren't a pussy have one of these." He said to Phil while pouring a shot. The rest of the group (around 4 or 5 other boys) sat back and laughed.

Phil took it hesitantly. He looked at Mike and at the rest of the boys.

"Go on then. Or are you to much of a wimp?" Phil gave Mike a dirty look and then downed the shot. This wasn't the first time Phil had drunk vodka but he'd never had shots before. It was stronger than he expected. He must've made a face because everyone started laughing.

"Go on. Have another one."

Before Phil could even think Mike shoved another shot into his hand. Phil was away to down it just like he had the last when he heard a voice from behind him.

"Well well well. Phillip Watson. I never would've expected you to skive let alone be drinking vodka during school hours!" Phil didn't dare look behind him. He could already tell it was but he looked around him and all the boys must've ran.

"Well what were you doing?"

Phil didn't say anything. He didn't know what to say.

"Not going to talk? I guess we'll have to go the headmaster and see what he thinks."

Phil again didn't say anything and grabbed his bag and followed the deputy into the headmasters office.

The deputy knocked on the door.

"Come In." A realitivley cheery voice called. Phil was desperately trying to think of an excuse. He was shaking a bit but nothing noticiable.

"This one was caught drinking vodka in the woods." The depute declared proudly like he'd been on some spy mission or something.

"Really? Are you sure it was Phil?"

"Yes it was 100% Phil."

"Oh ok. Let me speak to him."

The deputy walked out the door. Phil was sitting in a chair across from the head. Safe to say he was shitting himself.

"So Phil. Is this true?"

Phil didn't say anything. His face had went bright red.

"Fine. If you aren't going to say anything, I'm going to have to call your dad."

Phil nodded. He didn't want his dad to know but he knew if he snitched on Mike and everyone they'd bully him 10× worse and he didn't want the stress.

The school phoned his dad. Phil got grounded for near a month. Fairs.

From that day on it was a downward spiral for Phil. He had proved to everyone that he wasn't a pussy so some people had befriended him. Phil was skeptical at first but then he realised that these people were genuine.

The only problem was that every Friday their group would go drinking and skive the afternoon. Phil didn't like it at first but they were lucky they never got caught the first 2 or 3 times.

Phil started to enjoy it. Drinking and skiving was alot more fun when you had people to do it with. The group started to get caught. But all they would do was run and most of the time they got away with it. There was one specific time where Phil had a bit too much too drink. So much so that he couldn't stand up or walk by himself. When they did get caught the plan was to run. But Phil couldn't. He couldn't move. He was lucky that his friends were loyal and didn't leave him there himself to get themselves out of trouble.

The results were that he had to be brought back to the school on a stretcher and then literally dragged home by his dad. When he got home he got a shiton of abuse hurled at him, his dad calling him things like a stupid cunt and a failure and the classic "I didn't raise you to be like this." Phil was too drunk to take in what his dad was saying and from then on he never had a proper alcoholic drink until he was 18. Not that he wanted to after that incident but it was mainly because his dad ordered someone to escort him around the school and his dad never had any alcohol in the house for him to drink.

From that day onwards Phils dad was an absolute cunt to him. Blaming him for everything. Grounding him for stupid imperfections like not putting away his laundry the second he was given it, not responding to his dad's every request, getting a B on a test, coming back seconds after his curfew, stupid things like that. Phil couldn't tell if it was his dad being a cunt or if he was trying to be protective but if it was protectivness it was over the top.

Phils dad also controlled everything he did and watched his every move from then on. He controlled what music Phil listened to, what video games he played, who his friends were, his clothes, what he could and couldn't watch on TV shit like that.

Phil got sick of it one day. After all there's only so much an angry teen can take right? It happened not long before his 18th birthday. He got into a massive fight with his dad which ultimately resulted in him being kicked out. He was expecting it to happen sooner or later and he went and stayed with one of his friends for a few weeks until he found himself a small flat on the outskirts of town.

It was from the argument with his dad that Phil promised himself that if he ever were to have kids he would never treat them the way his dad treated him during his teenage years.

That's why he never went off his head at Wilbur. Because he knows what it's like. And it would be a bit hypocritical seeing as he literally used to do it during school. Wilbur was trying to have a party which resulted badly. Fair enough, lesson learned. Phil would obviously preferred it if Wilbur never went near the alcohol in the first place but being a teenager he's going to try new things. Phil just wished the Wilbur would've asked him first. He'd rather Wilbur was drinking with the safety of a sober person there rather than with no adult there at all. At least it was in the house and not out in the streets. That could've ended up alot worse.

Phil did feel badish grounding Wilbur for the amount of time that he did but he wanted to make sure that Wilbur learned not to get himself in that state again especially with a houseful and no adult there. He also wanted Wilbur to know that there is consequences for his actions. Phil was mad sure but he wasn't going to take it out on Wilbur for just being a teenager. That's what he wished his dad done with him. But no.

Hey guys I'm so sorry about the massive gap in chapters but I lost interest in the Dsmp for a while and have generally been busy with exams and stuff. I'll be updating more regularly now and I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :)

Also I would really appreciate if you guys left chapter ideas in the comments! Writers block is kicking in!