5 - First Impressions

Y/N'S POV

"Hi I'm Phil."
The tall man spoke. He had a soft friendly voice. He looked the kind of dude I could trust. He looked really familiar. I don't know why. Not sure if it was just from seeing him around town or what. I stared at him and whispered a "Hello." I felt like crying.

Today of all days I just HAD to get in a fight.

There was 2 tall ish boys standing behind Phil.
One of them had long pink hair in a braid. He was wearing a pink hoodie and jeans.

The other boy had on a red beanie with bits of brown hair sticking out. He had on a yellow jumper and black skinny jeans.

In front of the 2 tall boys there was 2 small boys.

One of them with blonde hair and wearing a red and white t shirt with ripped jeans.

The other boy had brown hair and had on a green button up and black joggers.

The boy with the long pink hair was half smiling and the dude with the beanie just had a blank expression.

The 2 younger boys both looked horrified. I knew I'd already messed this up before anything had even happened. I heard a voice behind me say

"Y/n go get yourself cleaned up and changed and then come down and introduce yourself properly."

I jumped at the voice even though it was only Jack. I ran upstairs cleaned myself up, changed my shirt and started crying. I've fucked this up, I've fucked this up, the voice in my head kept saying. I calmed down and went back downstairs.

"They are in the meeting room." Jack said.

I walked in the meeting room. All eyes were on me. I sat down next to the boy with the pink hair, and the boy with the beanie. Phil and the 2 smaller boys sat opposite us.

"Hi I'm y/n. Sorry about that it's probably not the first impression you were expecting. I got into a fight with a dude." I put out my hand to shake Phil's hand and he accepted.

"Was it Schlatt? He's quite a well known bully around here."
The boy with the long pink hair said in a deep but monotone voice.

"Yeah it was Schaltt why?"

"Oh I've decked him a few times as well."

He leaned in my ear and whispered
"Did you at least win."

"TECHNO." Phil said trying to sound authoritative but everyone could see he was holding back a laugh.

I let out a small chuckle.

"This is Wilbur, and then this is Tommy and Tubbo." Phil said pointing at the boy with the red beanie, the boy with the red and white t shirt and then the boy with the green shirt.

"Nice to meet yous." I said politely.

"And yes Techno I did win the fight." I said while laughing. Techno laughed with me.

"So do yous go to my school just the one planted in the middle of town. I've never seen yous going about there." I asked Wilbur and Techno.

"No we go to St Pauls across from Ahs." Wilbur answered. (A/n made up school name)

"Ok so if yous foster me I'll have to go there."

"Yeah probably." Phil said.

"Ok." I said blankly. I didn't want to go to some posh private school but I wouldn't have a choice. I'd probably get thrown out of the foster home within a few weeks anyway.

I was thinking debating on whether to say it or not. What if the fight put them off me? What if they didn't want me anymore? I seen the look on Tommy and Tubbos faces when I walked in. They looked terrified.

"Again sorry about the fight. Sorry if it put yous off me. I understand if you don't want to foster me."

I blabbed quickly. Oh god what have I done. I've fucked this up. Techno and Wilbur just stared at me blankly. Phil looked at me and then said.

"No of course it hasn't. Nearly all the boys were the same. Getting into fights all the time and some still do. It's not that big of a deal."

"Ok thanks"
There was a half awkward half comfortable silence.

"So are yous going to foster me. I understand if not." Fuck. What have I done. I can't just expect them to come up with an answer there and then.
I looked at the ground not making eye contact with any of them.

"Yes we are going to foster you y/n."

"Yessss."
I punched the air with excitement. I regretted it. I wasn't going to get my hopes up like what I done with all the other foster homes. They went to go leave and I said bye to them all and said sorry again for the fighting.

Jack seen them out and then turned to me and said

"I think Saturday they will be fostering you. Try behave the next few days. I think this family could be the one."

"Yeah maybe." I said with a sigh.

"Jack."

"Yes y/n?"

"Do you know anything about this private school they go to."

"I just know that it's a strict school. They aren't tolerant of bad behaviour."

"Oh god. Well I'm a bit fucked."

"It could help you, you never know."

"It'll still be shit though."

I went upstairs and googled the school.

St Paul's Academy (A/N made up school name) I looked at photos of the kids there. The all looked like posh twats. There uniform was a burgandy blazer with a white shirt and a burgandy and  white striped tie. No way was I wearing that shit.
"St Paul's comes top of the league tables for the 5th year running."

"St Paul's pupils come first in debating contest."

These were just some of the articles I found. I knew I wouldn't last there. I'd probably get excluded on the first day.
"Posh tory twats." I said to myself.
Our school used to get into fights with St Paul's all the time. Safe to say I was involved in quite alot of them fights and to be honest all of the St Paul's lot deserved it. They always looked down on our school cause we were just a local comp where parents with no money sent their kids. I did think Wilbur and Techno looked familiar from somewhere. I wasn't looking forward to this at all. Some of the kids from there would recognise me so I'd probably have beef with them but I'll just fucking punt them. I don't care if I get thrown out the school. I really don't care...