seven

We made it to the Waffle House, my Mom's favorite place in the world and my least favorite.

When we walked in there was no one inside so I'm guessing they bought the place out to have their meal in peace. Probably for paparazzi purposes.

We were seated at a booth and given menus by a highly attractive girl who looked like a young Yvette Monreal. Her hair was dark brown, and her eyes were so hypnotizing.

Listen, I'm not against dating girls at all. My Mom always told me to love who I loved and she would accept it. Which I think is a very noble thing to do.

So, when this girl gave us our menus I couldn't look away. Why? I don't even know why. It's not just these pills. There's something wrong with me.

"I'm Kara and I'll be your server today. Can I start you all off with some drinks?" The girl said pulling out a pencil and pad. The way her voice rasped was music to my ears. Wait, stop. I have a boyfriend.

"Water." Normani, Dinah, and Lauren said.
"I want a coke, please." Camila smiled.
"Iced tea." Mom told the girl.
It was my turn. I made eye contact and felt my stomach turn 100 different ways. She was smiling and sweet. "I'll just take sprite."
She nodded and wrote it down. The began to recite it, "So that's 3 waters, one iced tea, one coke, and one sprite." Everyone nodded, and she turned to me. "I'll have that right out." Then she winked before swaying her hips to the kitchen doors.
Did she notice me staring at her?

"Y/N, did you get enough sleep?" Dinah asked flipping through her menu.
I broke out of my trance, "Hm? Oh yeah. I could sleep some more, but we all know that won't happen."
"That's right." Mom quipped.

We looked through the menus to see what we wanted when Kara walked back out of the kitchen with our drinks on a serving tray in one hand.

She smiled as she served them, and I could've sworn her eyes were boring into my skin. I was just too afraid to look up to reassure myself. She pulled the pad and pen out once more and flipped it open. "Are you ready to order?" Everyone nodded and gave their orders, as well as I did. I stuttered slightly which showed my nervousness to 3/5 of the people sitting at the table. Not including Kara. She just smiled and said, "I'll be back with your food soon."

"Someone is blushing." Auntie Mila said taking a sip of her drink.
I gave her the stank eye, "Is it you because Lo hasn't stopped nibbling on your earlobe since we got here."
Lauren smirked, "I've been telling her secrets, not turning her on."
Moms eyes widened, "Ohkay, enough with this conversation. Let's talk about something less awkward and more family friendly."
I turned my attention to the front counter where Kara was restocking some boxes. Why can't I keep my eyes off of her? I don't even know her, but there's something about her that I really like.
"Yeah, like the fact lil mama keeps eye humping the waitress." Dinah said breaking me out of my trance.
I laughed nervously, "Wow, you're so funny Dinah. Thanks for making my awkwardness level reach about 1000.1%."
"So, you were eye humping that girl?" Normani asked before wrapping her lips around the straw and taking a sip of the drink in front of her.
"Can we stop asking my daughter these questions while I'm right here?" Mom begged. I could tell she was getting uncomfortable, and I found it funny.
"Go to the bathroom then and we'll ask while you're gone." Dinah said messing with the salt and pepper shakers.
I got up from the seat, "No, I'll go. I don't want to be interrogated."

I strolled to the bathroom to pull out my phone and stand by the sink. I started scrolling through my Twitter feed to see all the tweets that Caleb was talking about.

I noticed that it had been 3 minutes since I've come in here, so I started to walk out of the bathroom. As I did, it swung open and hit me in the face causing me to fall on the floor.

My disoriented self looked up to see my head being propped up in someone's lap as they blotted a wet paper towel on my forehead. "I'm so sorry that I knocked you out." I opened my eyes wider to see that it was Kara. My heart almost stopped. I sat up quickly causing my head to throb a little. "Woah, there. Take it easy."
I rubbed my temples and looked back, "Oh no. I'll be okay." I assured her.
She used her fingers to turn my head towards her, "You got a little blood on your head." Kara got up and extended her hand, "I'll help you get it off." I took her hand and she lightly pulled me up and guided me back to the sink. She patted her hand on the counter. "Sit down really quick." I nodded and jumped up on the counter. Kara grabbed a paper towel and wet the end with water before bringing it to my head and softly pressing it down. "So, are those like your aunts out there or something?"
I smiled, "No. One of them is my Mom. The rest are just friends of the family."
"My friend in the back said they were a girl group, but no offense, I've never heard of them." She admitted, then grabbed a dry paper towel.
"Thank God someone hasn't heard of them."
She threw the paper towel away and smiled, "So, what's your name?"
"Y/n." I replied pushing my hair to one side of my head.
She bit her bottom lip,
"I like that name. Are you gonna be in town for a while?" She said looking in the mirror as she began to wash her own hands. I nodded just staring at her. Wow. She's something else. "Well, y/n. Lemme see that phone you have in your hand." She grabbed it from me before I could even respond. Kara typed in it then gave it back. "We should chill. I mean, you don't look like you're having the best time with those ladies out there. Plus, there's this really cool bar that my friends and I go to every other night. You're like 16, right?" I nodded extremely shocked that she was asking me to hang out with her. What dimension am I in? "I can get you in. It's the least I could do since I knocked you out in my workplace, but you gotta promise you won't rat me out."
I smirked, "No promises." I jumped off the counter and walked towards the door to head back to the door.